What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

taipan

Referee
haha. Nuh sorry BF. Piece was a bit thick so baked it in foil in butter, fennel, chilli and lime after basting it in buttermilk for a few hours. I read you do that cause shark can have an ammonia taste and the buttermilk neutralises it.

Texture IS like chicken. Taste is like chicken.

I had a sneaky bitta Barra ready in case LOL

View attachment 33965 View attachment 33966

Did you enjoy the mercury content in the shark Quigs? Always find xtra chemicals, give a meal a real lift.

Quigs

Immortal
You fat bastards just enjoy scoffing the processed poison down yuh collective gullets. Moi, on me Whole Food diet have now dropped nearly 3kg in four days and 'me' sugar is down from 9.4 to 7.1

Good thing is I am enjoy the tucker that has to help.

Curried slow cook veggies last night, might have the left overs tonight.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd tonight I am going to give my yonana healthy soft serve thingy a whirl. Picked it up from the Sallies for $5. They reckon it makes your nanas, strawberries and mango taste like real soft serve ice cream.

Quigs

Immortal
What !!!! No Gravy

forget_gravy-gif.410860

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Tonight, tonight ..... I gave the Yonana healthy soft serve thingy a crack. Bloody nora it was tops. The banana came out a-okay just like the soft serve ice cream but when I mixed it up with fresh frozen strawberries and then did the same with mango........... it was the bees knees.

And prior was the main course, I knocked up was oven baked stuffed capsicum. Stuffed with mashed spud and sweet potato covered in onions tomato and mushies. It was top shelf too.

Tonight, tonight ..... I gave the Yonana healthy soft serve thingy a crack. Bloody nora it was tops. The banana came out a-okay just like the soft serve ice cream but when I mixed it up with fresh frozen strawberries and then did the same with mango........... it was the bees knees.

And prior was the main course, I knocked up was oven baked stuffed capsicum. Stuffed with mashed spud and sweet potato covered in onions tomato and mushies. It was top shelf too.

That sounds OK for diet type stuff. I think Ill try it....maybe tomorrow

Frenzy.

Immortal
Did you enjoy the mercury content in the shark Quigs? Always find xtra chemicals, give a meal a real lift.

DON'T put me on the Quigs. Unless you mean the merkin kind. I don't wanna be associated with that cooking hating politically inclined old coot!!

As to the mercury, that's why it has to have the buttermilk (or lemon) soak. Gets the piss (ammonia) and mercury out of it. Mind you, you also gotta remove any brown meat where most of the Hg is

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’m eating kangaroo snags with onions and mushrooms bbqd to death
Gravy
Baked spuds
Peas
And more gravy

Were they gamey?

I'm gonna do some roo burgers soon after someone at work told me how to reduce the gaminess a bit. Involves adding beef fat to the mince or something

carcharias

Immortal
Were they gamey?

I'm gonna do some roo burgers soon after someone at work told me how to reduce the gaminess a bit. Involves adding beef fat to the mince or something

i usually make a roasted capo and tomatoes salsa gravy thing.
They are super lean.
But any gravy or some horseradish cream or something is good.

the mince is a bit of a challenge though.
I didn’t rate it.
Bit dog foody.

my missus eats the ready made burgers.

Frenzy.

Immortal
i usually make a roasted capo and tomatoes salsa gravy thing.
They are super lean.
But any gravy or some horseradish cream or something is good.

the mince is a bit of a challenge though.
I didn’t rate it.
Bit dog foody.

my missus eats the ready made burgers.

Useful info thanks carch!

taipan

Referee
I tasted reindeer once in Norway.it tasted like strong corned beef cold.Never wet my strides over it.
Anyone tasted snake either here or yonder? Interested.

taipan

Referee
I tasted reindeer once in Norway.it tasted like strong corned beef cold.Never wet my strides over it.

My missus makes a top lasagne which puts lead in my struggling pencil.
500g mince(beef)
6 wholemeal lasagne sheets
Neapolitana sauce 1bottle
Oregano
Beef stock cube
Garlic,
topped with vintage melted cheese.

You'd kill for it.Never be a vegan.Methane tends to be a problem by product.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So tonight I have done veal Gordon Blue. Wouldn’t. Dare use the French as the nark might be lurking.

served with my version of a Waldorf Salad. Celery, apples, walnuts, grapes in a mayonnaise except I added a little bit of red onion and didn’t use mayo. Dressed it with a blue cheese ranch style dressing

Veal was topped with leg ham and Swiss :cheese: then the usual crumb and quick shallow fry

it is simple but very scrummy

40E00EB3-AF3E-42F5-808C-CA4A1A021AC6.jpeg

Frenzy.

Immortal
My missus makes a top lasagne which puts lead in my struggling pencil.
500g mince(beef)
6 wholemeal lasagne sheets
Neapolitana sauce 1bottle
Oregano
Beef stock cube
Garlic,
topped with vintage melted cheese.

You'd kill for it.Never be a vegan.Methane tends to be a problem by product.

seriously, this don’t eat cows because they produce methane is a seriously one of the best yet

Better kill off the humans too. No methane there...........

I’ll invite them into my Dutch Oven

Quigs

Immortal
1700hrs this evening. Well heathens I had a bit of trial and (heaps of) errors trying to make a special flat bread. I had a tub full of left over mashed potato and pumpkin with some thrown in left overs from the juicer tub. Blobs of carrots and celery.

Anyhows I made a dough out of it like they said on Mr Youtube. The fillums I watched it was done with sweet potatoes and or mashed pototoes. My brew was outside of the box.

Anyhow it ended up tasting alright and after I had a few of them I was near full, especially after finishing off my left over curried vegetables. Me thinks I will need someone to show me the correct way to cook this peasant food treat that they call healthy flat bread.

But the dear wife has rocked home from a full days work in Rocky with $60 worth of fruit and veg for moi from the local growers markets.

Mangoes, strawberries, watermelon, and heaps more.

Dessert tonight I am pigging out on watermelon.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal

I’ve had water buffalo and roo up in Arnhem Land.
Both sensational.
Slow cooked.

I had this stuff in South Africa that was unbelievable.
I went for more and stupidly asked what it was.
Wilder beast pancreas.
Didn’t taste as good second time around.

Frenzy.

Immortal

I ate goanna up near Taree with the fellas. Oily as shit but was chickeny in taste.

I've tried crocodile but it was probably farmed. Tasted like.......nothing. Didn't like it.

I've had whatever you call the thing inside a giant conch type shell. I remember it even though I was kid. Old man brought it home from the fish markets cause it was like the food he was brought up on in PNG. I remember it looked disgusting and had to try it with my eyes shut. But it was goooooood. Bit rubbery but also a bit like abalone from memory.

Was like this

shaggs

Coach
One of the best things I’ve ever eaten was the bag of mixed bugs I got from a street stall in a Thailand market.
Crispy cockroaches and grasshoppers. A few meel worms

Well it was a game day today, it doesnt matter as I'm cooking the same thing tomorrow before our game.
I've taken a turn during the off season, no more red meat or chicken or dairy, I'm all over the seafood though.
Wholemeal crumbed hoki with garlic, chilli, onioned prawns. Rocket salad with cucumber, spanish onion and vegan feta. Homemade dressing as per usual. I cant wait to have it again tomorrow

hoki and prawn.jpeg

Quigs

Immortal
I've been on the whole food diet thingy since 1st Nov last year. Now dropped 10kg and 'me blood pressure has come right down and the big thing is my sugar is running at between 5 and 6 down from the high 9's.

Break out every now and then and eat some of the naughty stuff but in general love the diet.

Today I had a pizza made on the lebanese bread, it was fantastic. Also had cherry yonana (healthy soft serve ice cream thing) with walnuts and nectrine. In ice cream scoop terms it was the equivilant too maybe 4 scoops. Love the stuff as it nulifies my sweet tooth urge.
Shoulda took a pic or two.

Latest posts