What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
EG-HIVRU8AA4v3k

I can still only count 3.
Mate 2020 hasn't even started yet and you are going off early about my predictions for 2021.

Have patience Grasshopper.

TheRon

Juniors
Hi Lurker/Ron. I thought you were incarcerated in a bali supermax prison. When did you get out ?
& why did you change your name to Lurker on 1 e e

I also got the team from Rugby League news. But didn't notice the name on the heading. So congratulations if you came up with this team. Go Ron !
No need for that site anymore . Very happy on discord

Glenneel

Bench
Next year is a make or break year for BA imo. Everything is lining up in his favour.

The back office and the club generally are well managed.
BA has the support staff he wants (although Adrian Jiminez leaving is a bit odd-thought his training has got the club to where it is now).
BA has the assistant coaches he wants.
A HOF is taking the mundane jobs away from BA so he can concentrate on coaching.
BA has the players he wants. Finally the team has quality players of NRL standard across the board.
The finances for running the team have greatly improved. From unsustainable losses of $10m plus the loss has been trimmed down to around $1m and if the crowds remain high NY that'll be even lower.

With all those advantages if he can't get the team to improve, to get our defence in order, and to at least challenge for a gf spot, I believe the club should start looking around for another head coach.

Avenger

Immortal
He deserves his contract extension and any decision made in relation to his continued tenure should be made 6 months prior to the expiration of his current deal.

In any event unless some super coach becomes available like Robinson or Bellamy I’d probably stick with him anyway. Flanagan would be the only other coach I’d consider. BA cops plenty and I wanted to sack him too when we came last but fortunately people less erratic than I made the call.

lingard

Coach
I thought he meant that we actually had a vinyl record of music written about wooden spoons.

Including such hits as "My Overhead Projector", "Yeah, The Lads", and "Man, I Feel Like a Fat Prop"

Hit single from the album would be: "Gotta Work Harder", by Brad Arthur and the Same Old's.

lingard

Coach
He deserves his contract extension and any decision made in relation to his continued tenure should be made 6 months prior to the expiration of his current deal.

In any event unless some super coach becomes available like Robinson or Bellamy I’d probably stick with him anyway. Flanagan would be the only other coach I’d consider. BA cops plenty and I wanted to sack him too when we came last but fortunately people less erratic than I made the call.

Totally agree with you. I'm in the same boat. I thought we should have sacked him and made a play for McGuire. Maybe that still would have been a good idea. But, for whatever reason, recruitment, retention, and overall coaching seems to have improved markedly in recent times. Im happy to stick with him for now. (And to support him.)

hindy111

Post Whore

If we don't make the top 8 this year I would sack him. I would then replace him with whoever seems best. Sure they may not be any better but there is a chance they will. It is about trying another approach.
I do not see point of just doing the same thing if keep getting some results. Unless we are happy with a top 8 finish every few years and having our asses whipped when the big boys come out to play followed by an average season?

BA is fine for now. But would I swap for Des if had chance? YES

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Totally agree with you. I'm in the same boat. I thought we should have sacked him and made a play for McGuire. Maybe that still would have been a good idea. But, for whatever reason, recruitment, retention, and overall coaching seems to have improved markedly in recent times. Im happy to stick with him for now. (And to support him.)
Not that it's a meaningful stat but Arthur has a very good record against Maguire. Interestingly, he has never beaten Flanagan in half a dozen games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we don't make the top 8 this year I would sack him. I would then replace him with whoever seems best. Sure they may not be any better but there is a chance they will. It is about trying another approach.
I do not see point of just doing the same thing if keep getting some results. Unless we are happy with a top 8 finish every few years and having our asses whipped when the big boys come out to play followed by an average season?

BA is fine for now. But would I swap for Des if had chance? YES
Arthur has the wood on Hasler too. But again, more pup trivia than meaningful data.

hindy111

Post Whore
1 Guth - W.Smith
2 Sivo - Dunster
3 MJ - Salmon
4 Blake - Parry
5 Fergo - GJ
6 Brown -
7 Moses -
8 Jnr - Terepo
9 Mahoney - Schneider
10Rcg - Stefano
11Matto - Gower
12 Lane - Davey
13 Brown - Stone
14 Taka - Kafusi
15 Nikoure -
16 Evans -
17 Alvaro -

I reckon our top 17 is set for rnd 1 if MJ signs. Maybe a few spots on bench up for grabs.
Who will fill the bench and 6 and 7 spots for Wenty?

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Guth - W.Smith
2 Sivo - Dunster
3 MJ - Salmon
4 Blake - Parry
5 Fergo - GJ
6 Brown -
7 Moses -
8 Jnr - Terepo
9 Mahoney - Schneider
10Rcg - Stefano
11Matto - Gower
12 Lane - Davey
13 Brown - Stone
14 Taka - Kafusi
15 Nikoure -
16 Evans -
17 Alvaro -

I reckon our top 17 is set for rnd 1 if MJ signs. Maybe a few spots on bench up for grabs.
Who will fill the bench and 6 and 7 spots for Wenty?

It’ll be Parramatta not Wenty and at full strength the halves combo could be Rhys Davis/Will Smith and Salmon

lingard

Coach
I would like to see us buy a young fullback now. I can see problems if Gutherson is injured. Don't really want to see W. Smith back there. And Fergo is not the answer either. Don't seem to be any potential fullbacks in the lower grades either. Or am I wrong about that?