What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Thread - Christchurch Double Header

Force

Juniors
I reckon the Brit players got confused with the ref in that SJ try, probably thought he was a defender so expected him to tackled SJ.

jim_57

Staff member
Apparently Wayne Bennett said one reason Regan Grace wasn't called over was because he wasn't in the "England setup". Brian Carney has given him and the concept a serve in a recent article.

Burns

First Grade
The decline of GB (England) is very concerning for next year, and the lead in to 2021 RLWC.

I think they are headed into a dark period, circa 2008 World Cup performance.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
The decline of GB (England) is very concerning for next year, and the lead in to 2021 RLWC.

I have been saying it for quite literally decades now, but the 29- or 30- game English super league, combined with challenge cup matches, means that the British-based British players simply play too many games! Too many meaningless games! Too many games of low intensity!

roughyedspud

Coach
Don't see this as a decline of England..

This is a half arsed tour,without a proper series,for a team (GB) most of the players have no real affinity too..and the performances have shown that...no pride,no passion...cos it's a nothing team..

Judge England on next year's performance against the Aussie's...not this shower of shite tour

NRLMad

Juniors
Don't see this as a decline of England..

This is a half arsed tour,without a proper series,for a team (GB) most of the players have no real affinity too..and the performances have shown that...no pride,no passion...cos it's a nothing team..

Judge England on next year's performance against the Aussie's...not this shower of shite tour

You guys need to establish a backs academy. What’s up with your backs/halves in general? I’ve hoped for years that England can produce some great players but you just see the same names.

I think they need an academy and they need to do it now.

deluded pom?

Coach
I'd put the crowd at about 7000 at best

And the refs, touchies again have "Oceania Cup" branding … just laughable.

At least it's a neutral ref, I s'pose !
Didn’t the ref’s shirt have NZ v GB, date etc. on it but also an Oceania Cup logo?

Storm13

Juniors

Why because New Zealand fans don't support their nation?

GB will be quickly forgotten they ever toured down here before the end of the month.

siv

First Grade
Dont think England can go into the RLWC with Bennett as coach after this. It's clear they will need a ESL coach leading them

There just doesn't seem to be any pride in the jersey

Force

Juniors
Pathetic....it really shows you how badly the game is tracking in NZ and how how much damage 2017 has done.
The Ki in the We Kidwell did a lot of damage to the Kiwis....just waiting for someones autobiography to explain what went on.