What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Qualifiers

adamkungl

Immortal
Lets go USA!

It would be a huge upset. They should have taken their chance in the first round. I don't think they can do it.

But I hope they do.
As much as it would be a feel good story for the Cook Islands, as a sport we need a wider reach than the Pacific Islands.

I really don't want to come out of 2021 with 7 Pacific nations pre-qualified haha

Springs09

Juniors
USA are up against it. I'd say they'd have more appeal in this World Cup than the Cook Islands but oh well that's how it goes.

Cook Islands could have a great side come World Cup time.

Force

Juniors
USA v Cook Islands squads.

http://rlif.com/article/8777/usa-and-cook-islands-announce-squads-for-rlwc-qualification-game

I personally am hoping the US can get Cross the line for the development aspect. No disrespect to the Cooks and if they win they deserve their spot, but the US market has so much more potential. However I think the Cooks will will by 16.
Not the strongest of sides for both, Cooks look the better team on paper but as Fiji proved last week, paper dont count.

Pommy

Coach

I’ve got to say I’m a little disappointed as Sebia currently offer more. Hopefully this can be the catalyst to get the situation in Greece sorted though, it’s a farce they can’t play games in Athens as it stands.

siv

First Grade
Facebook live stream of the game

Looks like the Serbian police banned filming of games at their academy field???

75636095_1047384688926786_4715116905453584384_n.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
So now, if I'm correct, we only have USA vs Cook Islands which will decide the final spot at RLWC 2021.

Green_

Juniors
Commercially, USA brings far more to the Cup than the Kukis so I'm hoping for a USA win, however not confident

playdaball

Bench
It’s a shame that one of these nations has to miss out.

Both have established domestic comps as well as being able to call on other players.

Should the WC be about bringing together the top 16 teams, rather than breaking up into geographical areas? Both of these teams should be there ahead of the likes of Greece, Scotland, Ireland?

Or am I wrong?

Springs09

Juniors

Both have established domestic comps as well as being able to call on other players.

Should the WC be about bringing together the top 16 teams, rather than breaking up into geographical areas? Both of these teams should be there ahead of the likes of Greece, Scotland, Ireland?

Or am I wrong?

Why should Cook Islands be there in front of Ireland? Ireland has an established domestic comp and is usually stronger team-wise than the Cook Islands.

adamkungl

Immortal

Or am I wrong?

There has to be a balance
Even if Cook Islands were better than the countries you mention (which is debatable)
A World Cup focused too much on one region has little value.

Pommy

Coach

Or am I wrong?

I would say you’re own logic doesn’t even make sense. USA aren’t a better team than Scotland or Ireland having never beaten either full team.
A World Cup needs geographic balance or it devolves in to who has the largest expat community in western Sydney which is already the case to some extent.

Force

Juniors
A World Cup needs geographic balance or it devolves in to who has the largest expat community in western Sydney which is already the case to some extent.

There'll be a lot of teams at the 2021 RLWC who have players in their ranks who speak with an Aussie or Kiwi accent, including which ever team progresses in the last qualifier spot.

Latest posts