What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Interest

ALSGI

Bench
Hello fellow forumers,

First post in months. I’ve almost lost any interest for my beloved Dragons after 50+ years.

I got to the point where I started hating the club so the break from here has done me good. I have a quick look on here every now again but it’s pretty short lived.

The Board should be unreservedly ashamed - but they’re not and treat supporters like fools. The complete BS called a season review should result in less memberships, less sponsors and less crowds.

Well done to all the old boys and the rest of the amateurs with their snouts superglued to the troth. How dare they even mention culture.

I don’t blame the coaches, trainers, support crew or the players - but gee wiz the deadwood amongst them is embarrassing - but they’re not embarrassed at all.

McGregor....contract extension, trip to the USA, wont be there next week for the start of the off season photo shoot. Hope he’s arrested at the airport for claiming to be a First Grade Coach and goes into witness protection in Alaska and never returns or defects to the Toronto Wolfpack with his love child.

There, I feel better already.

Hope you’re all well people and miss the banter but this mob have almost lost me. First time I’ve ever not looked forward to the next year of footy.

getsmarty

Immortal
Hello fellow forumers,

First post in months. I’ve almost lost any interest for my beloved Dragons after 50+ years.

I got to the point where I started hating the club so the break from here has done me good. I have a quick look on here every now again but it’s pretty short lived.

The Board should be unreservedly ashamed - but they’re not and treat supporters like fools. The complete BS called a season review should result in less memberships, less sponsors and less crowds.

Well done to all the old boys and the rest of the amateurs with their snouts superglued to the troth. How dare they even mention culture.

I don’t blame the coaches, trainers, support crew or the players - but gee wiz the deadwood amongst them is embarrassing - but they’re not embarrassed at all.

McGregor....contract extension, trip to the USA, wont be there next week for the start of the off season photo shoot. Hope he’s arrested at the airport for claiming to be a First Grade Coach and goes into witness protection in Alaska and never returns or defects to the Toronto Wolfpack with his love child.

Hope you’re all well people and miss the banter but this mob have almost lost me. First time I’ve ever not looked forward to the next year of footy.

Silver lining ALSGI...McGregor will be gone soon ....the sooner the better....unfortunately the incompetent board will still be here...........

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hello fellow forumers,

Hang in there ALSGI, there is light, however dim, at the end of the tunnel and everyday we are getting closer to it.

Bench
Us oldies who were around in the sixties and seventies when we had a club with the right culture and players who wanted to play for the big red V were the best of times
our younger brigade of supporters deserve to be able to witness that culture, the club is not even close to bringing the culture of those days which is sad. I pray that the club turns around and become a club that we are all proud to be a supporter
I don’t see that coming unless the club does a 369 and become the power house we once were

The issue here of course is why would he resign, because he ain't going to earn 800k a year painting gyms.
Shame on you Dragons management!!
Surely he's not on $800K???
I thought he was on half that.
If that is true then the very last rational reason for hiring this joker no longer exists.
I honestly thought that low cost was one of the main criteria.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hello fellow forumers,

Nice to hear from you ole mate.
Yes, we need some devine intervention or alike but we wouldn't be the Dragons if we didn't mirror the soapie, Days of Our Lives............ or was it the, Young & Restless.

Anyway, hang in there.
Safety in numbers.
OKB

merahputih

Juniors
Nice to hear from you ole mate.
Yes, we need some devine intervention or alike but we wouldn't be the Dragons if we didn't mirror the soapie, Days of Our Lives............ or was it the, Young & Restless.

Anyway, hang in there.
Safety in numbers.
OKB
I can't access the article about Mary's USA trip. From what I've heard he doesn't even like going outside the Illawarra, so what is the purpose of this trip? Has the board at last realized the narrow and limited extent of his coaching credentials and told him to get out of the Wollongong bubble and see what real professional coaches do?

sa1nt5

Juniors
He’s going to a lecture from the UN and a presentation from a US coach he went with an annual tour of AFL coaches association composed of assistant coaches, business executives and corporate, so he is probably giving them unsolicited advice as, you know, he be a head coach. Also doing a tour of an NBA and NFL franchise facilities and a leadership course

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I can't access the article about Mary's USA trip. From what I've heard he doesn't even like going outside the Illawarra, so what is the purpose of this trip? Has the board at last realized the narrow and limited extent of his coaching credentials and told him to get out of the Wollongong bubble and see what real professional coaches do?

No, the board are privately hoping he gets lost overseas and don’t have to pay him out.