What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

What more needs to be said? One singular name is all that is required.

A mere whisper of the name 'Latrell' sends forth a torrent of blood flow to the loins.

Very few distinctly named individuals have achieved this.

Think Pele, Ronaldo, Tiger, LeBron, Cher..

And now, Latrell.

The two trys he scored down the flank today were amazing. He treated poor Euan Aitken like a cuckold. And he did the same to Will Chambers in Origin.

Now bear in mind that these are quality, strong centres. And he's made them look like Dane Nielsen.

A few of the greats are getting old but the game is in safe hands with them passing the torch to the likes of Latrell and Kalyn Ponga.

All are welcome to express their admiration and adoration for Latrell in here.

*edit* I hope I didn't sound too much like Albert in this thread.

Top post mate. Still good for Pimms at Bondi Diggers this arvo?

simmo05

Bench
Of course signing Latrell would come with a huge amount of risk and if it happens I’d be equal parts excited and wary. However if you think a club that’s missed the finals the last 8 years and had a total of 4 NSW players in their existence (all 4 were local juniours) shouldn’t sign Latrell Mitchell if given the chance then you’re clearly an idiot
And one qlderp....

Exsilium

First Grade
I know there's a lot of conjecture over his price tag but he's a genuine game winner. Kicks goals, covers several positions, attracts the defence and has the physical traits to be an absolute superstar. He's 22 and he's a little out of sorts but many of his calibre have done the same. Look at Ponga or Milford, they've had hyped seasons followed by mediocre ones.

Wherever he goes, I hope he reaches the heights we know he can. Otherwise, the game will find a replacement and he'll be ancient history.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
We were told that Souths and the NRL were in some sort of back room deal to medically retire Burgess so they could get Mitchell

well, it’s appears that the truth is that Mataulino was medically retired......... very quickly, so they can make a play for Mitchell

Meanwhile the NRL are drawing out the Burgess decision stuffing Souths chances to get into the market

nothing’s changed with the nrl darlings, the tigers, getting a leg up again

Vic Mackey

Referee
We were told that Souths and the NRL were in some sort of back room deal to medically retire Burgess so they could get Mitchell

well, it’s appears that the truth is that Mataulino was medically retired......... very quickly, so they can make a play for Mitchell

Meanwhile the NRL are drawing out the Burgess decision stuffing Souths chances to get into the market

LOL f*ken wot?

The Tigers put Matulinos paperwork in in early August. It took nearly 3 months before they got an answer.

If the NRL are consistent you’ll find out in early January. Then maybe you’ll get your second rort to go with GI.

You’re the one who’s been pulling your dick on here for weeks saying Latrell to Souffs is happening. Too bad so sad

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is it just me or does every Souffs fan reckon they know someone whos got a mate whos cousin is in the know at the club and they've got the word on all the contract goss

Yep

The best I ever heard was at the souffs/tigers game at ANZ this year just before they signed James Roberts . A souffs fan behind me was telling his mates that he knew someone on the board and that photo of Roberts being carried out of a party passed out was a setup by he and Bennett to get him out of Brisbane. He was actually off the drink, the photo was staged and then leaked to the press by them.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Can’t compare Inglis with Mitchell . Inglis was a good fullback before he went to Souths , he was killing it at storm and they only moved him from that position to accomodate Slater . When he went to 5/8 at storm he had Cronk and smith alongside him , hence why he killed it , look at all the5/8 that have played along those two since they looked like world beaters .
Hence why moving him to FB that year worked for Souths , also don’t forget that had a forward pack that was trampling everyone with Reynolds pin point kicks

The Rosco

Bench

. . . Greg Inglis " hold my beer"
Sam Burgess " mine too"

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
LOL f*ken wot?

The Tigers put Matulinos paperwork in in early August. It took nearly 3 months before they got an answer.

If the NRL are consistent you’ll find out in early January. Then maybe you’ll get your second rort to go with GI.

You’re the one who’s been pulling your dick on here for weeks saying Latrell to Souffs is happening. Too bad so sad

Souths and the Broncos will get an answer straight away, allowing them to collectively sign Fifita, Arrow, Matterson and Latrell. Then the Tigers will be given an answer after everyone else is signed and end up with Aiden Tolman.

So poor little Vic Mackey throws out some wild conspiracy theory and when held accountable for it he defaults to child mode by calling people dicks:thinking:

Can anyone confirm he’s 12 years old?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Travitoh

First Grade
Is it just me or does every Souffs fan reckon they know someone whos got a mate whos cousin is in the know at the club and they've got the word on all the contract goss

Sums up just about every post in the rumours thread on the Souths board.

Valheru

Coach

They have been under the impression that they are getting Latrell since December 2017.

If you want some good reading look at a thread in their forum called "who should we swap for Angus" or something like that at the end of 2017 where they all spit the dummy because Crighton signed with us for 2019 season and they were convinced that we were desperate to have him in 2018 and would swap Latrell (among others) for him.

As I told them would be the case, nothing happened and Angus stayed for 2018 and they got nothing for him. Angus then won a comp in 2019, it was f**king hilarious.

Hopefully they miss out on him again, it will be equally hilarious.

Latest posts