What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 QLD Centers

99isthebest

Juniors
I know we’re a long way off and new players could pop up next season. Or given there’s always the whole “pick the best players then choose positions” there could be players who could fill the spots.

But let’s face it QLD have a serious center shortage while NSW has a battle for positions I could list at least 8 NSW players that would be able to handle Origin in the centers yet I’m struggling to think of 1 Qlder.

Chambers was our best center last year and that really hurts to say out loud because he was no where near the top 5 centers last year and of course he is now gone.

Morgan while being a good mr fix it at origin level just doesn’t seem to have that same spark about him when he starts as a center. I think in origin he’s really made it in that #14 jumper. When he comes on he just makes something out of nothing.

So if you take those two out of the equation then who does that leave us with? Anyone coming through that you think will make it? Any players like Morgan that could transition to center not that it’s ideal?

DeeJ

Bench
Gagai will probably shoved in there due to desperation with a utility in the other starting centre spot.

There's a real obvious depth weakness.

hellteam

First Grade
Morgan and Gagai probably.

Morgan will have to play centre as Ben Hunt will be #14

Spot On

Coach
Lol if Gagai is selected again for rep footy.

How far the mighty have fallen of a sheer cliff face.

myrrh ken

First Grade
i can see a rookie coming in on wing or straight into the centres with Morgan - Hunt, Allan, Seve or Capewell

DeeJ

Bench
I like Capewell alot, but it's pretty sad to think one of our better centre options is a bench second rower.

I think Corey Thompson might make his wing debut next year. He seems to be pretty close.

Bronco18

Juniors
Can Holmes play centre?

I know he’d make a better winger, but he seems a bit more secure there than Gagai.

davi

Juniors
Morgan and Gagai probably.

Morgan will have to play centre as Ben Hunt will be #14

Hunt actually played well at Hooker last year. I think he's wasted to be used at 14 and needs to go a legitimate utility. Hunt may be a part time hooker, but I just don't see anyone at the moment I would replace him (McCullough, Friend, Granville). Jake Turpin has the potential to though in a couple of years if Broncos start playing him full time at his best position of hooker.

davi

Juniors
Ponga would be a better choice I would think. Maybe the front runner.

You could put Holmes at FB if he's up to it and chuck munster back in the halves.

If Kalyn Ponga is healthy I think selectors will put him at fullback and Valentine Holmes on the wing. Holmes playing fullback at club level has been a demand by Holmes. Everyone under the sun knows Holmes best position is wing. I doubt the Queensland selectors will be convinced otherwise either.

Latest posts