What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Just wonder what everyone thinks "one of the best players on the planet" is worth?

Especially to a club that has the longest record of being out of the finals.

A little bit more than any other club is offering.

WA Tiger

Bench
I just think it’s funny that we are maybe the only club that can afford him or would prob win a bidding war ...like really funny ..Madge wouldn’t dare make that call but then again u can imagine him having a hop in his step lately..fk it just get him. He’s one and a half players isn’t he . He’d fit in beautifully....and that fend ...him and Thompson on the wing would have a field day...Madge knows he needs to get in the 8 this year. He’d lift everyone. That story’s bullshit.

Vozzy

Juniors
Still think he should play centre that is where he is most dangerous why fix something that ain't broke. Wish he could play the other side him and no fo would be good with benji giving him early ball.

simmo1

First Grade
Latrell is just about the perfect signing for us. Ticks everything on our wishlist.

- Speed
- Gamebreaker
- Goal Kicker
- Young

He would make us 4-6 points better per game, which is all we need to sneak into the 8. Then it becomes easier to attract other quality players.

3 years at $900k would be perfect. He has risk, but the upside is hard to knock back.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
If I was the Wests Tigers recruitment officer ( and thank God (if you believe in one) I'm not) I would make Josh Addo Carr the priority signing. Not just because of his talent but because he seems to have his head screwed on the right way. I can't see him wanting out of a contract early to get more money or walking out if it is clear his club is doing what it can to look after him. Didn't he say when he left the Tigers something like "Who knows I might be back some day."
If we signed him and Jai Arrow the full back position will sort itself out. I can wait another year to get the right one.

super_coach

First Grade
Contract values that are thrown around in the media are very seldom anywhere near the mark. I would be surprised if we are offering anywhere over a million and my guess it would be around the 900 mark. Anyway a club like ours very seldom has the chance to bid for a elite player without being in a bidding war.

WA Tiger

Bench
Still think he should play centre that is where he is most dangerous why fix something that ain't broke. Wish he could play the other side him and no fo would be good with benji giving him early ball.
Has he played fullback before ...More effort required and the verbal instructions re defence...Fullback might be good for him. (He’s a Gemini ox ...can talk and stubborn as Fk)..He could make any position his own though..Surely he would kill it at fullback.

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
The media and so call ex legends like fitter, thurston, johns and Co urging Latrell to stick with the Roosters where were they when tedasco was signing with roosters or anyone else who is at a club in the bottom 8. Thurston why don't you stay at bulldogs fitter why didn't you stay at penriff?

Isn't this ment to be what the salary cap is all about roosters shot themselves also in the foot by buying 10000 star players on 1 million each and are at risk of going over their $20 million salary cap.

axl rose

Bench
Rumour is Melbourne are 400k over the cap & need to release a decent player, Ado Carr is keen on heading back to Sydney. Signing both him & Mitchell would go a long way to fixing our issues.

With Jordan Rankin off our books the path is now clear for Addo-Carr to play first grade. Though if they do have cap issues Vunivalu would be more likely the one to head for Union.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-quitting-roosters/ar-BBWvY8K?ocid=spartanntp
One condition for Latrell quitting Roosters

v2
The Sydney Roosters are willing to let Latrell Mitchell walk out of the final year of his contract - but not to despised rival South Sydney, a new report says.

Mitchell had an $800,000 per-year contract offer withdrawn by the Roosters, who felt disrespected by his insistence on testing the market. The Test star would have been the highest-paid centre in the game by taking the Roosters' offer.

It has been widely reported that Mitchell is unlikely to play for the Roosters again, despite winning consecutive premierships with the club. Frustrated coach Trent Robinson personally withdrew Mitchell's extension offer, with the support of chairman Nick Politis.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Roosters are prepared to let Mitchell leave early - but the Rabbitohs is a forbidden destination.

The Herald said that the Roosters had spoken with Wests Tigers officials about a possible move for Mitchell. The Tigers recently lost Ben Matulino and Ryan Matterson from their salary cap, meaning they are cashed-up and prepared to pay Mitchell far more than the Roosters; though his deal would be back-ended to allow further cap clearing.

Mitchell would likely play fullback at the Tigers to justify a pay packet that could swell to an average of $1 million per season. No.1 is Mitchell's preferred position, though he has risen to the top of the game as a centre and would need to improve his fitness to play fullback.

Some at the Tigers are wary of signing Mitchell, the Herald reports, due to the "circus" surrounding him. Gold Coast's AJ Brimson has been flagged as another option.

Mitchell scored a hat-trick of tries against the Tigers in a stunning 26-point haul at the SCG this year; a performance that saw him branded perhaps the NRL's best player. He is a sensational talent, though he would be an interesting fit with hardline coach Michael Maguire.

South Sydney have publicly ruled themselves out of chasing Mitchell, yet are still being touted as a possibility due to the star's volatile management situation.

© Getty Cody Walker (C).
Mitchell was signed with agent Wayde Rushton, but has also been linked with Matt Rose and Mario Tartak. Should he opt for Rose as his manager going forward, the Rabbitohs are reportedly a chance to sign Mitchell because Rose's top client, five-eighth Cody Walker, is a star at South Sydney.

The logic seems thin behind a touted union of Mitchell and Walker, at least on the field. Mitchell and Walker formed a left-edge partnership for NSW in the opening State of Origin match this year and both played poorly enough to be dropped for game two.

Newcastle have shown interest in Mitchell and are the closest club to his home town of Taree. North Queensland have also been touted as a possibility, but would need to end their interest in Valentine Holmes. The Bulldogs and Panthers have ruled themselves out.

WT2K

Juniors
What odds are on offer for every article written about a player that links us also mentions the 1.5/1.7m available...

Alex Johnston, Mitchell and Lomax today...

WA Tiger

Bench
Can't see it, gets a million bucks a year and apparently does not train. Will do a Tom Brady and play till his 40's. I doubt any of that money is in Storm caps either, long-serving referee allowance and other Greenberg perks.
Be interesting to hear his answer if he was asked why he is staying another year ...Of course he wouldn’t say because of the million he will get ...He must be sick of playing ..all his “peers” have left ..There are no more “new challenges” ..