What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Interest

RedVDave

First Grade
I hear you I went to just 1 game this year I usually go to about 10 a year but the motivation just wasn't there people can label me as not being a "real fan" if they like but despite showing unwavering loyalty to the club since I was 10 years old I don't feel they are treating me (us) like "real fans" I have booked a one way trip to Europe for next year it's so disappointing the fans care so much but the board cares so little truly heartbreaking.

Crush

Coach
Hello fellow forumers,

First post in months. I’ve almost lost any interest for my beloved Dragons after 50+ years.

I got to the point where I started hating the club so the break from here has done me good. I have a quick look on here every now again but it’s pretty short lived.

The Board should be unreservedly ashamed - but they’re not and treat supporters like fools. The complete BS called a season review should result in less memberships, less sponsors and less crowds.

Well done to all the old boys and the rest of the amateurs with their snouts superglued to the troth. How dare they even mention culture.

I don’t blame the coaches, trainers, support crew or the players - but gee wiz the deadwood amongst them is embarrassing - but they’re not embarrassed at all.

McGregor....contract extension, trip to the USA, wont be there next week for the start of the off season photo shoot. Hope he’s arrested at the airport for claiming to be a First Grade Coach and goes into witness protection in Alaska and never returns or defects to the Toronto Wolfpack with his love child.

There, I feel better already.

Hope you’re all well people and miss the banter but this mob have almost lost me. First time I’ve ever not looked forward to the next year of footy.
I feel exactly the same way.
I only hope that we lose our first 6 weeks of footy and they remove Mary early. At least then we can begin to rebuild and get behind the team again.
Such a shame its come to this.
I want the Board to squirm. 0/10 is the start I would love see.

thebigredv

First Grade
There will 100% continue to be no success. All those in power will be left completely exposed. Then there will be change, and sadly, by then I will be too far gone I reckon.

Actually despise the Dragons board more than any other figures in the game. They have no time to read what the people in this thread are saying and have been pointing out for years on end.

"Fairweather" they might like to make us out to be but this is not a season, this is complete climate change.

gregstar

Referee
I can't say i give a rats too much either.

& I've spent fU*ck all time here over the last decade.

Since creeping left we have steadily become a club of gimps, coached by gimps & administered by gimps.

Quite frankly I am happy to let it all go and just watch a league game that looks like it might be interesting. And our gimps certainly don't feature in any of those.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
When the club re-appointed Mcgregor the writing was on the wall.Bad decision and how it backfired.Management has a lot to answer for and many of the supporters have moved on.For me I love the Dragons however I have better things to do in my life than watch the shit dished up .Maybe getting the wooden spoon next year will be the start of a resurgence in 2021.Good luck Dragon supporters we will need it.
:weary::weary::weary:

Coffs dragon

Bench
He’s going to a lecture from the UN and a presentation from a US coach he went with an annual tour of AFL coaches association composed of assistant coaches, business executives and corporate, so he is probably giving them unsolicited advice as, you know, he be a head coach. Also doing a tour of an NBA and NFL franchise facilities and a leadership course
Is this a gee up? The flog is more likely visiting the US to be on the TV soap series...."The Bald & the Beautiful"
a boring pile of repetitive shit on the Win network!

Warabrook saint

Juniors
This trip he's going on worries me.......doesn’t look like he'll be taking a backseat in the scheme of things next year. Do they really think they can educate him.....make a real coach out of him

sa1nt5

Juniors
Hello fellow forumers,

First post in months. I’ve almost lost any interest for my beloved Dragons after 50+ years.

I got to the point where I started hating the club so the break from here has done me good. I have a quick look on here every now again but it’s pretty short lived.

The Board should be unreservedly ashamed - but they’re not and treat supporters like fools. The complete BS called a season review should result in less memberships, less sponsors and less crowds.

Well done to all the old boys and the rest of the amateurs with their snouts superglued to the troth. How dare they even mention culture.

I don’t blame the coaches, trainers, support crew or the players - but gee wiz the deadwood amongst them is embarrassing - but they’re not embarrassed at all.

McGregor....contract extension, trip to the USA, wont be there next week for the start of the off season photo shoot. Hope he’s arrested at the airport for claiming to be a First Grade Coach and goes into witness protection in Alaska and never returns or defects to the Toronto Wolfpack with his love child.

There, I feel better already.

Hope you’re all well people and miss the banter but this mob have almost lost me. First time I’ve ever not looked forward to the next year of footy.
Here 2 take this twice a day for as long as it takes. its an old recipe and bitter but in the end succesful

nontime111

Juniors
so after lomax goes then possibly luch the week later if thats how things are going with the kids , with garrick robson and masters gone etc and coaching the game out of dufty, field etc we would have bypassed another whole generation SCUMBAG MARY get the hell OUT of here now!@!

RedVDave

First Grade
When the club re-appointed Mcgregor the writing was on the wall.Bad decision and how it backfired.Management has a lot to answer for and many of the supporters have moved on.For me I love the Dragons however I have better things to do in my life than watch the shit dished up .Maybe getting the wooden spoon next year will be the start of a resurgence in 2021.Good luck Dragon supporters we will need it.
:weary::weary::weary:
Well said I don't get annoyed the dragons board makes mistakes I get annoyed they continually make the same mistakes don't learn from them and don't take ownership of them. They continually try the same thing and expect different results which is the definition of stupidity.

Nope..Johnston stated McGregor was not a low cost option....Board are FOOLS.
There will 100% continue to be no success. All those in power will be left completely exposed. Then there will be change, and sadly, by then I will be too far gone I reckon.

Actually despise the Dragons board more than any other figures in the game. They have no time to read what the people in this thread are saying and have been pointing out for years on end.

"Fairweather" they might like to make us out to be but this is not a season, this is complete climate change.
Fair weather fans?
They have a hide and so do the commentators that shake their head in disbelief at us "hard to please" Dragons fans.
Many on here have followed St. George longer than the people in charge have even been involved with the club.
Unlike the Board, we also don't get paid to be fans other than with results.
Totally lopsided argument.
Singling out the clubs fans is just a reflection of the club's non existent culture.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What is the correct end to crack an egg?

I sincerely hope you’re not one of those heathen big-endians.
I’m a middle cracker myself.. The ends of the egg are it’s strongest points, resulting in a smaller hole.. This results in a slower flow of egg goo and can also result in stray egg shell ending up in the mix..

SBD82

Coach
I’m a middle cracker myself.. The ends of the egg are it’s strongest points, resulting in a smaller hole.. This results in a slower flow of egg goo and can also result in stray egg shell ending up in the mix..
Left middle or right middle?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Left middle or right middle?
Left middle..

I’m right handed & believe an egg should be cracked with your dominant hand to ensure you have effective control over both halves of the shell once it’s cracked..

SBD82

Coach
Left middle..

I’m right handed & believe an egg should be cracked with your dominant hand to ensure you have effective control over both halves of the shell once it’s cracked..
Is egg left like stage left? I’d have thought that was the right side of the egg.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is egg left like stage left? I’d have thought that was the right side of the egg.
Egg left is only stage left when there is a baby chicken inside, otherwise it’s house left.