What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
I wouldn't be too keen on this. As I mentioned earlier, Eddie Jones is a great Union coach but I just don't think the idea of switching codes as a coach is a good idea at all. It'd be a massive risk. I doubt Souths would be keen but crazier things have happened.

Eddie Jones wants to come home. But it’s not the Wallabies job he wants: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c97e41a2ca6f9454df508a248701000d

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I wouldn't be too keen on this. As I mentioned earlier, Eddie Jones is a great Union coach but I just don't think the idea of switching codes as a coach is a good idea at all. It'd be a massive risk. I doubt Souths would be keen but crazier things have happened.

Eddie Jones wants to come home. But it’s not the Wallabies job he wants: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c97e41a2ca6f9454df508a248701000d
Hahaha. I've got more of a chance of coaching South Sydney than Eddie Jones has. That's that far from the left field, it could be Perth gobbildy gook. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile::innocent:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Lets not forget that Eddie Jones has coached some great rugby league players in the past...

In all seriousness though, he would be a fantastic addition to the South Sydney coaching panel imo, just not as head coach.
Yes, but how deep? I'm thinking Kenso, Matto Hotel, Little Bay Duck Bats. :joy:

Travitoh

First Grade
Yes, but how deep? I'm thinking Kenso, Matto Hotel, Little Bay Duck Bats. :joy:

As a first grade training manager preparing the team and maintaining professional standards. I'd perhaps even give him a year coaching reserve grade to see how he goes there if it were my decision.
If Demetriou or another rookie coach is to take over from Bennett, having someone like Eddie in their corner during the week would be a massive advantage for them as they ease into the job.

Yes he isn't necessarily a rugby league man but he has been very successful in union and the club would be negligent not to explore potential options with a man who has held jobs in rugby union that are bigger than a Souths job.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
As a first grade training manager preparing the team and maintaining professional standards. I'd perhaps even give him a year coaching reserve grade to see how he goes there if it were my decision.
If Demetriou or another rookie coach is to take over from Bennett, having someone like Eddie in their corner during the week would be a massive advantage for them as they ease into the job.

Yes he isn't necessarily a rugby league man but he has been very successful in union and the club would be negligent not to explore potential options with a man who has held jobs in rugby union that are bigger than a Souths job.
The Rabbitohs have got the most successful coach in history and someone who is extremely diligent in managing a league club. Shane Richardson is second to none in that department and he's got all the runs on the board to prove just that. Our current reserves coach just this season won the Flegg grand final with the young Bunnies coming from fifth position, Ben Rogers. That's history making right there. Eddie Jones would be welcome in some capacity at the club, but I think he'd be wasting his time really. He'd be coaching from the stands. We now have Greg Inglis, John Sutton and hopefully Sam Burgess as defence coach soon all assisting Demetriou who assists Bennett. But you are right in saying he'd be a good choice for someone. One of the coach sacking teams like Tigers, Panthers and Titans should give him a go.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
The Rabbitohs have got the most successful coach in history and someone who is extremely diligent in managing a league club. Shane Richardson is second to none in that department and he's got all the runs on the board to prove just that. Our current reserves coach just this season won the Flegg grand final with the young Bunnies coming from fifth position, Ben Rogers. That's history making right there. Eddie Jones would be welcome in some capacity at the club, but I think he'd be wasting his time really. He'd be coaching from the stands. We now have Greg Inglis, John Sutton and hopefully Sam Burgess as defence coach soon all assisting Demetriou who assists Bennett. But you are right in saying he'd be a good choice for someone. One of the coach sacking teams like Tigers, Panthers and Titans should give him a go.

With three inexperienced coaches joining the ranks, it could pay to bring in Eddie Jones to oversee them, a coaches coach as such.