What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Old Timer

Coach
Yes but they defend left side attack!!!!!
If you said that to Mc Fookknuckle you would probably get this in response.
Don't they attack the oppositions left hand defence as well or do the opposition left only attack our right hand defence?
Come to think of it does our RHS attack also AKA the oppositions left hand attacks defensive opposites do any attacking or defending?

slippery5

Juniors
If you said that to Mc Fookknuckle you would probably get this in response.
Don't they attack the oppositions left hand defence as well or do the opposition left only attack our right hand defence?
Come to think of it does our RHS attack also AKA the oppositions left hand attacks defensive opposites do any attacking or defending?
Now you have me confused as much as Mary's half time speeches.

BLM01

First Grade
Zac's season review on the website now @getsmarty.

The most interesting point was the last 10 or 15 seconds of it...….he was definitely hiding something and searching for words, something to do with "how we will approach the pre-season".

Maybe he is hiding the how because if you listened closely they are doing things completely different...hmmmm...wonder who come up with some of the new ideas and shake up?
Clue...Not one of the training or pre-season go to Maryisms about training harder or being fitter.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just when St George Illawarra thought the worst was behind them after a season from hell, the Dragons are now facing the very real threat of losing the club’s most exciting young talent.

On the eve of their return for pre-season training, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that young gun Zac Lomax is about to officially put himself on the open market.

Lomax, 20, is contracted for next season but is now free to negotiate his future beyond 2020.

Unfortunately for the Dragons, Lomax has indicated he wants to test the market.

It is expected that he will enter talks with asmany as six rival clubs in the coming weeks.

It is understood the Dragons are desperate to keep Lomax and have all but guaranteed him first crack at owning the No.1 jumper in 2020 as a way of keeping rivals at bay.

Lomax is regarded as one of the best young centres in the game but he has already indicated his long-term goal is to establish himself as an NRL fullback.

It was thought that could work in the Dragons favour given Lomax would probably struggle to lock down the fullback spot at most rival clubs at this point of his career.

But that theory was blown apart when Lomax’s manager Steve Gillis confirmed when contacted on Sunday that his client had made a decision to see what offers are out there for him.

“There are clubs who have indicated that they would like to talk and he’s quite happy to give them the courtesy of having a discussion,” Gillis said.

Gillis’ management company also looks after Lomax’s Dragons teammates Matt Dufty and Euan Aitken.

Dufty and Aitken have been reportedly shopped around to rival clubs in recent months.

Gillis said both players had a contract with the Dragons for 2020 and had no plans of seeking an early exit.

The Wests Tigers are known to be one club keen on Lomax but his hopes of playing fullback at the Tigers would be dependent on what move Latrell Mitchell makes.

The Tigers are also chasing an outside back as well as a fullback.

Like Mitchell, Lomax has the added value of being a quality goal kicker which makes himeven more valuable.

The Tigers have $1.7 million in available salary cap space for next season so they could potentially afford both Mitchell and Lomax and still have money to spend.

Lomax has long been regarded as a young player with huge potential. NSW coach Brad Fittler once labelled him “the gifted one”.

It would be highly unlikely the Dragons wouldrelease Lomax for next season even if he secured a future elsewhere.

But you’d imagine it would also make it extremely difficult for Paul McGregor to pursuehis plans of playing Lomax at fullback if he does decide to sign at a rival club.

For that reason the longer these negotiations drag on the more it could potentially disrupt the Dragons’ preparations for next season

Crush

Coach
There will be nobody left in 2021 at this rate. You would think that Lomax may want to stick around and see what happens at Dragons? He is already our most valuable back at 20 years old. He could be captain by 23?

giboz71

First Grade
Smart work by his manager.

Lomax is his most marketable commodity and would attract the most interest from rival clubs. If Lomax leaves, then there is less chance we would offload his other 2 clients Aitken and Dufty, who probably have had no nibbles in the open market.

Lomax goes elsewhere for big bucks. And his other 2 less talented clients get to stay where they are.

getsmarty

Immortal
Funny that I use to feel an anger or disappointment at this type of news but now my overriding emotion is relief for Lomax's sake. Get out of here quickly Zac!

Thanks Mary. Thanks board. We will feel his loss one way or another.

Was always on the Cards....Blame lies squarely at McGregor's Feet.....

How Stupid are our Board....the longer McGregor stays the more these headlines will happen...others will also leave....Flanno is our last chance...get in their ears Flanno...

BBTB

Juniors
Funny that I use to feel an anger or disappointment at this type of news but now my overriding emotion is relief for Lomax's sake. Get out of here quickly Zac!

Thanks Mary. Thanks board. We will feel his loss one way or another.
Run for your life, Lomax.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lomax, Field, Frizell etc don't want to stay and the board thinks a new physio and meditation dude is the answer to entice them to stay. It's obvious not manly players were interviewed as part of the review just Mary's 2 mates in Lafai and the departing Latimore........Clueless.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This has been on the cards for ages, since he and madge had an “unofficial” dinner together. I’m almost certain he will go. But if I were the Dragons would stand firm and make him play out 2020. We don’t have much option really.

Gareth67

First Grade
Once again there is a possibility that we may lose yet another junior from our much publicized Junior Pathways system . This of course is where all of the up and comers are given the final polish before entering the 1st grade NRL team itself . These are also youngsters who have always wished to play in the famous Big Red V jersey .
But due to the absolute ignorance and at times absurd judgement of those in both coaching and recruitment of the J.V. they are released to other clubs . SHAME !

In Lomax’s case I will be bitterly disappointed should the young bloke leave the Dragons . This is a player that has just so much potential and as we all realize , that potential will fully blossom under any half decent coach . Can we blame him , can we blame any of our talented youth if they are not wanted and therefore look elsewhere - of course not !

I sincerely would like him to continue playing with the Dragons , but how many times does one turn up for a job only to be told that their services are not required before looking elsewhere ? I wish him the very best of good fortune wherever he may go .

Last edited: