What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
An interesting article in todays Sunday Telegraph - McIdiot shouted a trip to the US so he wont be at trining when it starts this week. He is attending “A lecture from the UN in New York and a presentation from management of the US Olympic team will form part of Paul McGregor’s mission to lead the Dragons back to the finals. Such is the value in learnings that McGregor sees in the trip, the head coach will be absent from St George -Illawarra’s opening week of what is a career-defining pre-season training block - in the US instead with football manager Ben Harlan”. Usually trip like this are for successful coaches, a total waste of money by the club.

C'mon guys, he's on a secret covert mission to convince Valentine Holmes to play with us.

Sending a boy to do a mans job!

Gareth67

First Grade
An interesting article in todays Sunday Telegraph - McIdiot shouted a trip to the US so he wont be at trining when it starts this week. He is attending “A lecture from the UN in New York and a presentation from management of the US Olympic team will form part of Paul McGregor’s mission to lead the Dragons back to the finals. Such is the value in learnings that McGregor sees in the trip, the head coach will be absent from St George -Illawarra’s opening week of what is a career-defining pre-season training block - in the US instead with football manager Ben Harlan”. Usually trip like this are for successful coaches, a total waste of money by the club.

A bit harsh SAP58 , our Mary is no fool you know . He is going over to get ahead of the rest of the competition , aka Jack Gibson did way back in the 80’s .

Who knows we may even see a Big Red V flying wedge ( being spearheaded by none other than Ewan Atkin ) similar to that of Parramatta in that era - the possibilities are endless . It’s such a shame that the penny finally dropped into the maestros head 30 odd years after the great Jack Gibson original idea . :flushed:

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Wittenberg

Juniors
So Zac is possibly looking elsewhere. I say go. Why do we need to keep Zac when we have Mary's stellar centre combination of Aitken and Lafai ? I simply can't believe how this club is falling apart. I used to have some respect for Gould. I don't any more. Either he is a total fool or he is prepared to discredit himself to help prop up his mate. To think some of us on this Forum welcomed Gould's involvement in the "Review".

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So Zac is possibly looking elsewhere. I say go. Why do we need to keep Zac when we have Mary's stellar centre combination of Aitken and Lafai ? I simply can't believe how this club is falling apart. I used to have some respect for Gould. I don't any more. Either he is a total fool or he is prepared to discredit himself to help prop up his mate. To think some of us on this Forum welcomed Gould's involvement in the "Review".

Yes Witt, so did l.

When you consider since Gordon purchase his part of the JV, with much help from both he and his son, the club has gone downhill at a rate of knots.

The critial decisions that have been made, by ex players within the club, has demonstrated a complete lack of business acumen.

The non inclusion kpi's in McGregors contract in his existing contract, provided by an experience ceo?
The resigning of Mcgregor, again, no evidence of kpi's or alike by another novice ceo.
The letting go of key players including juniors, yet fail to fill voids.
The total blockout of corrospondence from our ceo on what is happening at our club.
Fans have to hope to hear something from the press.

These are just a few of the real issues facing our club and fans.

Brian Johnston.......... do your job and get a grip of our club and treat us real fans with a bit of respect and tell us regularly, what the hell is happening at the Dragons.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes Witt, so did l.

When you consider since Gordon purchase his part of the JV, with much help from both he and his son, the club has gone downhill at a rate of knots.

The critial decisions that have been made, by ex players within the club, has demonstrated a complete lack of business acumen.

The non inclusion kpi's in McGregors contract in his existing contract, provided by an experience ceo?
The resigning of Mcgregor, again, no evidence of kpi's or alike by another novice ceo.
The letting go of key players including juniors, yet fail to fill voids.
The total blockout of corrospondence from our ceo on what is happening at our club.
Fans have to hope to hear something from the press.

These are just a few of the real issues facing our club and fans.

Brian Johnston.......... do your job and get a grip of our club and treat us real fans with a bit of respect and tell us regularly, what the hell is happening at the Dragons.
Unfortunately OKB1, the guys running the club and particularly Brian Johnston DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING AT THE DRAGONS - "ME KNOW NUFFING"!!!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I hope McFool drops into Bali on the way home from NY, I know of a great bar there he can go to for a drink or three !

David Fitfita can vouch for the nice people over there.
You can abuse them, hit them, pay em a bribe and catch a plane home without any fuss.

Heck, even the nrl will pat you on the back and say, it was nothing to worry about!

St Georgio

Juniors
BJ gone, Dogshit still remains as coach, this Illawarra Steelers club stinks!
Seriously close to given Rugby League the flick!