What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i watched it.
Very frustrating to let them hang around like that and then almost blow it.

I agree our schedule is great down the stretch once we get past the Patriots.
We've GOT to get one of the Pats-Hawks games... if we can do that, i think we can and probably will win the east. Lose both, and we might be in trouble,

This offence is fundamentally broken without Jackson and it appears the medical staff completely botched this and now he's likely done for the year. The running game is starting to look like something we can rely on, and the defence is getting better now with the Maddox, Mills, Darby all back and healthier, and LeBlanc should be back after the bye too

nick87

Coach
also thought Andre Dillard looked pretty good against a very strong DL. Think we're going to be alright at LT post JP

nick87

Coach
Haha i swear ill be on my death bed and still reading on twitter that the eagles are bringing Jordan Matthews in on a physical with the intent to sign him to a 1 year deal

Valheru

Coach
Dallas do their part today.

It is a 7 game shootout for the NFC east.

We have the slightly easier schedule with pats at home as opposed to away not that it makes much difference and giants twice with cowboys having already played them twice.

We play Seattle but they play rams. We also have miami compared to their buffalo

Valheru

Coach
It was a decent effort to be fair.

The turning point of the game can be traced to the exact moment Lane Johnson went off which was after the PAT attemtp that had us go up 10-0. From there Bill Belechick went to work and Wentz was really on a hiding to nothing without his receivers.

nick87

Coach
This offense desperate needs speed.
Im ok with Sanders and Ajayi/Howard in the backfield. But at WR, honestly the team could sign someone like Robby Anderson AND draft one of the studs said to be in this years first round... someone like CeeDee Lamb would be perfect.

The book on him is precise route runner and speed... exactly what this team needs, someone who can run a crisp, fast route and get seperation and create some easy throws for Wentz.
Everything right now is so hard because there is just no legitimate speed or separation on offence.

jaseg

Juniors
Lamb surely won't be available when Philly are picking. And that first round pick has to go to CB anyway, doesn't it?

Ruggs or Smith out of Alabama might be the top 2 speed guys in the draft and perhaps available in day 2 (or maybe later for Smith). I really like Ruggs.

nick87

Coach
If we lose this week to Seattle, and then the Dallas game.
Then this team aint making the play offs and that's when Lamb might be in the range for us to get or move up a little bit 3-4 spots to go and get him in the mid to early teens

If we do get to the play offs and end up in the mid to late 20's, well yeah, yeah its Raegor, Ruggs or Smith

I dont actually think CB is as big a concern as it was early in the year. Darby has been solid since getting healthy. Mills is actually playing really well, and Maddox is a pretty good nickle. It wouldnt shock me if they go CB in round 1, but i dont think it's as big a need as fixing the offence and getting some speed and ability to separate at WR

Valheru

Coach
Well the season is going from bad to worse.

The OL is busted and we don't have a decent target at WR. Ertz is getting double or triple coverage and the offence is going no where. The net result of all this is that Wentz is now playing with a complete lack of confidence and is now making outright poor decisions.

One has to also question the play calling, we didn't take a single shot down field in the first 3 quarters. I get there is barely a receiver to throw to but they may as well try and back the rush a bit.

We have MIA, NYG, WAS, DAL, NYG to come so we can still win the division but the value of doing so is diminishing as the weeks pass. I think a this stage it is far better to end up in the top half of the draft and get a decent receiver.

The positives are that there isn't much that needs to be done to get this team right back to the top. The defence has been great the last two weeks and the CB crew have really progressed. Lane Johnson returning will give Wentz more time and confidence and if we can get some new blood at receiver along with the 3 we do have healthy, they will be fine next season.

nick87

Coach
Honestly at this point i wouldnt mind them getting in the tank.
This team cant f**king beat anyone in a play off game... What we need is play makers. We've got draft capital and we're currently slated to pick around 13-15, we shouldnt have to give up much to move up and grab one of these elite WR's... i wouldnt even mind making a big move up if it could get us Jeudy.

I think Groh has gotta go as OC, he's been pretty terrible since taking over from Riech. Maybe send him back to WRs coach where he was pretty good and sack the jamoke doing that job this year. Because that hasnt been remotely good enough

Wentz is playing like shit, the play calling is awful, a lot of the play design isnt super great or creative, and the OL struggling.
Its a disaster.

Defence has at least turned it around
I think next year with some better health in the secondary and DL, and then another outside reciever and hopefully Jackson playing more than 1 game... suddenly you're rolling out one of these draft studs, Jackson, Alshon and hopefully JJAW with better coaching at WR and OC can still be a factor

abpanther

Staff member
I hate to say it because I was a big fan of him coming out and drafted him in multiple dynasty leagues but it looks to me like Wentz has regressed and the NFL has caught up with him. He really hasn't developed any touch or pocket presence, though it doesn't help that he has no weapons around him and guys have been dropping key passes all season, but still he doesn't look very good right now

Valheru

Coach
I hate to say it because I was a big fan of him coming out and drafted him in multiple dynasty leagues but it looks to me like Wentz has regressed and the NFL has caught up with him. He really hasn't developed any touch or pocket presence, though it doesn't help that he has no weapons around him and guys have been dropping key passes all season, but still he doesn't look very good right now

He does look average right now, no escaping that however he was playing to a top standard in the first 6 weeks only to see drop after drop after drop on his passes as well as being hit 45,000 times. To me it looks like his confidence is completely shot. Forget this season, his real test of longevity will be next season when (hopefully) he at least has a decent OL with some targets at receiver.

Haffa

He was poor today, very poor. But why was he even throwing the ball? We have options at RB and none at WR. Groh needs to go.