What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Phil Gould

Juniors
All he has shown, so far, is talent. Desire and energy have only ever been shown in glimpses. He is similar to Inglis, he needs something or someone to set him off to show what he has, he rests on that and it is good enough for him. Good enough for 1 Mil from the Tigers? They have done worse, look at every major signing of late.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
All he has shown, so far, is talent. Desire and energy have only ever been shown in glimpses. He is similar to Inglis, he needs something or someone to set him off to show what he has, he rests on that and it is good enough for him. Good enough for 1 Mil from the Tigers? They have done worse, look at every major signing of late.

The Inglis comment is important because we have a coach who managed to get the best out of him, also managed to turn him into a fullback.

macnaz

Staff member
I just have a feeling this isnt going to eventuate. As member Vozzy mentioned in regard to former players and the press pushing hard for him to remain at the Rosters , the massive media campaign against him leaving is unprecedented and almost like it is driven by an agenda .
No one likes the Rorters so why are all these pricks so up their arse at the moment ?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I just have a feeling this isnt going to eventuate. As member Vozzy mentioned in regard to former players and the press pushing hard for him to remain at the Rosters , the massive media campaign against him leaving is unprecedented and almost like it is driven by an agenda .
No one likes the Rorters so why are all these pricks so up their arse at the moment ?

I think Mitchell will stay at Easts, I just hope he makes his mind up one way or the other soon- similarly WT can make the offer once their sure, but its a take it or leave it and its withdrawn that night so we are not played. There are plenty of other players we can spend the $$$ on. (I still think Lomax, JAC, Leilua and a prop be great- especially if McQueen leaves for ESL, looks like Reynolds is staying)

The Rosco

Bench
2 posts ay Phil ? . . . if your other post stated the bleeding fkkng obvious as well, you are set for a distinguished career on this illustrious forum. You sure as hell picked the right username ( ask yourself why it wasn't taken)

super_coach

First Grade
The longer this drags on for the less likely he is coming to Concord. I can see a kiss and make up with the Chooks. Probably accepts a offer less than the last one with access to a money tree to top up the contract..if you know what I mean.

I would love to see him at Concord, for nothing else it would mean the salary cap is spreading talent and that was one of the things it was introduced to do

macnaz

Staff member
f**k the media , f**k the stories, f**k Madges Quotes ... If we cant buy players that can score tries I'm not the least bit interested In signing forwards .. Broncos had killer forwards but they were still garbage without BACKS AND GAME WINNERS!

Vozzy

Juniors
It could all be bullshit as well james Hooper making up a story he thinks is happening then every other media outlet runs with it.

What happened to the Anthony Milford rumor or the arrow ,brims on one. Now Lomax. They said we were swapping leilua with matterson.

Nothing was ever going to happen while Madge was on rep duties. I just hope whoever signs it's someone who still has a lot of years left in the game rather than old plodders.

Tigerm

First Grade
The longer this drags on for the less likely he is coming to Concord. I can see a kiss and make up with the Chooks. Probably accepts a offer less than the last one with access to a money tree to top up the contract..if you know what I mean.

I would love to see him at Concord, for nothing else it would mean the salary cap is spreading talent and that was one of the things it was introduced to do
I am not sure, Madge said he was in no rush and he has been away. So I think it is still a live option.
I have said it previously, Mundine in his ear is a concern, but I think Madge will get it right.

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve built my career upon stating the obvious as though deft perception. My limits in television have been reach and I now seek new ground upon which to enlighten my followers with that which they already know. One must first make two posts before one can make three.
If you are the real deal, then I welcome and look forward to your insight on the game, BUT, if you are just a troll, then please f**k off somewhere else, we will be OK.

magpie_man

Juniors
I am not sure, Madge said he was in no rush and he has been away. So I think it is still a live option.
I have said it previously, Mundine in his ear is a concern, but I think Madge will get it right.

I'm not worried at all about Choc being in his ear; outside of the media spotlight he's a top bloke and he worked wonders for Blake Ferguson.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Another way to look at this is that all the media bullshit is actually being driven by us. Think about it, we want to sign Brimson for example, he thinks he can take his time and squeeze us for more than he is worth. How do you then put pressure on him without looking desperate? Pretend we are close to signing a way better player instead without actually saying anything.

We need a fullback, a middle forward, an edge back rower and a centre. I'd rather we get 4 good players than 1 marquee player and 3 duds.

Brimson, Tetevano, Leilau and Lomax would all fit the bill perfectly. Leave the marquee signing for next year once we manage to clear Packer and Reynolds off the books

macnaz

Staff member
Makes sense BJ ,,, but thsts not something Weststigers could or would do..
The media would turn it around and still f**k us up.

gordsy

Juniors
If you believe the stories then Mitchell tried to tell the Roosters waht to do a bit too much, sign my brother give me time off etc etc. Now if he feels like he can do that to a top club like the roosters then imagine the reaming he will give us. I'd rather Ado Carr , Lomax etc. Less media bullshit and better chance of consistency. And we'd be paying him big overs as no way he walks in to origin team as easy as he does from the roosters.

Latest posts