What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
Wasn't meant as a compliment, people often find out the hard way if their "dream" was nothing more than a dream. As for the other comment about me being "woody", whoever he may be, I'm certainly not him, but obviously he saw through some of the sugar coating often dished up on this site. I'll say what I need or want to say, I don't hide behind what if's or past maybe's, this club is in crisis and no denying the fact will hide it. The clock is continuously ticking, the 1st of November has well passed, no lines are forming outside the doors of potential signings. A bleak year in 2020 heading its way to Pantherland, well done Mr Cleary.

Why is the club in crisis? They don’t need the rush out and pay overs to sign players, that would actually be the crisis if they had done so.

Coastal

Juniors
Why is the club in crisis? They don’t need the rush out and pay overs to sign players, that would actually be the crisis if they had done so.
If you're not signing players that are better than what you've already got, boosting positions that need improving, then you are in crisis. Yes they have signed a hooker, there are at least 3-4 more positions that need to be improved.

Coastal

Juniors
Not quite how a reply to a quote works.
Yes you're right, sorry I couldn't be bothered going back to the right comment. Actually my issue is "groupies" those that hang around and support people just to be in the limelight, pats on the back for nothing more than sucking up to people.

Crashtest

Juniors
If you're not signing players that are better than what you've already got, boosting positions that need improving, then you are in crisis. Yes they have signed a hooker, there are at least 3-4 more positions that need to be improved.

But who should they have signed from the player list available for 2020? If you actually have a look at who is unsigned, there is slim pickings.

If they are instead waiting to see which clubs need to release currently signed players for 2020 in order to be cap compliant, then I agree with their wait see what happens in the market approach.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
But who should they have signed from the player list available for 2020? If you actually have a look at who is unsigned, there is slim pickings.

If they are instead waiting to see which clubs need to release currently signed players for 2020 in order to be cap compliant, then I agree with their wait see what happens in the market approach.

I agree Crashtest. It's time (I believe) to show patience. Blokes like To'o, Naden, will all improve during pre-season.

I believe you can jump the gun so to speak. There will be some on the bargain bins as the new season approaches. If none materialise so be it. With Api we will improve.

OldPanther

Coach

That would make sense. Really the main high profile player is Mitchell and he's still got a year AND most clubs have said no.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That would make sense. Really the main high profile player is Mitchell and he's still got a year AND most clubs have said no.

With Mitchell (and yes I will add a disclaimer from what I've heard round Taree it was less than positive)

Why have the clubs dropped off. There must be something hidden at the bottom of the cupboard that is scaring these clubs (including ours) off ?

OldPanther

Coach
With Mitchell (and yes I will add a disclaimer from what I've heard round Taree it was less than positive)

Why have the clubs dropped off. There must be something hidden at the bottom of the cupboard that is scaring these clubs (including ours) off ?

It's probably the price they are asking. A centre isn't worth it under any circumstances. You need that cap for your spine/forwards. Even wingers are more important now since they have to hit up like props and finish like gymnasts.

We should be looking beyond the 2020 guys and trying to sign someone off contract at the end of next year. There’s a pretty good chance they get a release to come early.

I agree Crashtest. It's time (I believe) to show patience. Blokes like To'o, Naden, will all improve during pre-season.

I believe you can jump the gun so to speak. There will be some on the bargain bins as the new season approaches. If none materialise so be it. With Api we will improve.

Really disagree with this. We have huge holes in our backline, we need to be on the front foot. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing huge amount of money around, but we can’t just wait and hope. We’ll have close to the worst centres in the comp next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.