What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Paddles

Juniors
100% McGregor's fault.

In 2018 Lomax was belatedly given a start in a demoralised team that was in freefall, having fallen from 1st on the ladder to almost missing the finals. He tightened the right-side defence, created an unexpected point of attack, and delivered moments of brilliance. Two come to mind - the break and kick for the Dufty try in the thumping of Brisbane in the elimination final, and a 1-on-1 strip under our posts at the death v Souths in the semi-final that should have won that game.

He was rewarded by being shunted to the wing, bench, reserve-grade and who knows where else by McGregor. And he wasn't biding his time behind a star in a winning team. He was placed behind the single worst centre in first grade, in an embarrassing team.

McGregor has no strategic foresight - he clearly could/cannot see Lomax's talent and promoted him initially only to keep his bud Aitken's seat warm during one of his momentary freak-outs. He has treated the guy with the potential to fix the ongoing structural weakness in the team like garbage.

McGregor has burned the club to the ground, now he's salting the earth.

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
Once again there is a possibility that we may lose yet another junior from our much publicized Junior Pathways system . This of course is where all of the up and comers are given the final polish before entering the 1st grade NRL team itself . These are also youngsters who have always wished to play in the famous Big Red V jersey .
But due to the absolute ignorance and at times absurd judgement of those in both coaching and recruitment of the J.V. they are released to other clubs . SHAME !

In Lomax’s case I will be bitterly disappointed should the young bloke leave the Dragons . This is a player that has just so much potential and as we all realize , that potential will fully blossom under any half decent coach . Can we blame him , can we blame any of our talented youth if they are not wanted and therefore look elsewhere - of course not !

I sincerely would like him to continue playing with the Dragons , however how many times does one turn up for a job and told that their services are not required before looking elsewhere ? I wish him the very best of good fortune wherever he may go .
My thoughts exactly.
This band of idiots, running our our club is sending to the wall.

Dragonsamy

Bench
He is testing the waters to see what he is worth. Or at least his manager.
He will be with us this year as far as I can see.
But after that who knows.
If they had any sense he would be re-signed before the beginning of the season but we are talking about St George Illawarra

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He is testing the waters to see what he is worth. Or at least his manager.
He will be with us this year as far as I can see.
But after that who knows.
If they had any sense he would be re-signed before the beginning of the season but we are talking about St George Illawarra
I can’t imagine we have not tried, c’mon people let’s be honest here it’s nothing to do with us being lazy in resigning him, it’s his manager is doing what managers do at this point of the contract cycle and advising his client to talk to other clubs first to get the best price. This issue has nothing to do with recruitment and a fair bit to with a.Lomax being young and ambitious and b.Us not looking too promising in terms of a GF anytime soon.

Wittenberg

Juniors
And FOX don't have Sailor in our 2020 squad...he's supposedly being going to sign for several months now!!
Sailor will be gone at the end of next year. He finishes his University of Wollongong course at the end of next year and he will then head north to Brisbane.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I can’t imagine we have not tried, c’mon people let’s be honest here it’s nothing to do with us being lazy in resigning him, it’s his manager is doing what managers do at this point of the contract cycle and advising his client to talk to other clubs first to get the best price. This issue has nothing to do with recruitment and a fair bit to with a.Lomax being young and ambitious and b.Us not looking too promising in terms of a GF anytime soon.
Lomax might be ambitious, anyone who is half decent should be, but whether his manager has him testing the waters or not, the point of the matter is look how Mary & Co used him last season.....wing, centre, fullback, reserve, bench player. Zac was used according to the needs of Lafai, Aitken, Norman and Widdop. Look at it this way, Mary's love for Lafai and Aitken just might mean we lose a player who is better than them NOW, let alone what Zac might become in the FUTURE. Apparently, if the media is to be believed, Aitken has been shopped around and no club has made any inquiry. If we tried to shop Zac around I bet we would have several clubs putting their hands up. But don't worry boys and girls, Mary is the man for the job according to Gus and Johnston.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
100% McGregor's fault.

In 2018 Lomax was belatedly given a start in a demoralised team that was in freefall, having fallen from 1st on the ladder to almost missing the finals. He tightened the right-side defence, created an unexpected point of attack, and delivered moments of brilliance. Two come to mind - the break and kick for the Dufty try in the thumping of Brisbane in the elimination final, and a 1-on-1 strip under our posts at the death v Souths in the semi-final that should have won that game.

He was rewarded by being shunted to the wing, bench, reserve-grade and who knows where else by McGregor. And he wasn't biding his time behind a star in a winning team. He was placed behind the single worst centre in first grade, in an embarrassing team.

McGregor has no strategic foresight - he clearly could/cannot see Lomax's talent and promoted him initially only to keep his bud Aitken's seat warm during one of his momentary freak-outs. He has treated the guy with the potential to fix the ongoing structural weakness in the team like garbage.

McGregor has burned the club to the ground, now he's salting the earth.

True that Paddles,
Scorched earth policy from McGregor and the board.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I wanted Aitken to get injured this year and last year, as that was the only way he wasn't going to get picked for first grade. One of the reasons I gave was that he was blocking Lomax's path and that could lead to us losing Lomax. Now it is looking very likely that scenario will take place.

TruSaint

Referee
I wanted Aitken to get injured this year and last year, as that was the only way he wasn't going to get picked for first grade. One of the reasons I gave was that he was blocking Lomax's path and that could lead to us losing Lomax. Now it is looking very likely that scenario will take place.

Don't want him in first grade, but never wished an injury on any player.
Esp one wearing the Red V.

Gareth67

First Grade
The fact that his missus plays for the womens Dragons team may be our only saviour and nothing else.

It may be the case Slippery, however I doubt it . Should he go the chances are that he would remain in Sydney to be close to the girl but I believe that is about it buddy .

Latest posts