What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

watatank

Coach
Their halves are not great at the moment and at the moment where would an up and coming player rather be.....at the Broncos or at our club? Unfortunately we are not a great drawcard at the moment.

Yeah but it's not like Sailor is a gun player. He's a borderline first grader. The Broncos would take him, stick him in one of their QLD Cup teams and look for better players. He will have opportunities if he stays.

Sailor is better off staying anyway because even if Lomax gets first shot at fullback, as long as McGregor is coach he's no guarantee of staying there or even staying at the club. That could potentially leave Sailor to compete with Dufty for the fullback spot

BBTB

Juniors
Lomax might be ambitious, anyone who is half decent should be, but whether his manager has him testing the waters or not, the point of the matter is look how Mary & Co used him last season.....wing, centre, fullback, reserve, bench player. Zac was used according to the needs of Lafai, Aitken, Norman and Widdop. Look at it this way, Mary's love for Lafai and Aitken just might mean we lose a player who is better than them NOW, let alone what Zac might become in the FUTURE. Apparently, if the media is to be believed, Aitken has been shopped around and no club has made any inquiry. If we tried to shop Zac around I bet we would have several clubs putting their hands up. But don't worry boys and girls, Mary is the man for the job according to Gus and Johnston.
What a pair of idiots.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Lomax might be ambitious, anyone who is half decent should be, but whether his manager has him testing the waters or not, the point of the matter is look how Mary & Co used him last season.....wing, centre, fullback, reserve, bench player. Zac was used according to the needs of Lafai, Aitken, Norman and Widdop. Look at it this way, Mary's love for Lafai and Aitken just might mean we lose a player who is better than them NOW, let alone what Zac might become in the FUTURE. Apparently, if the media is to be believed, Aitken has been shopped around and no club has made any inquiry. If we tried to shop Zac around I bet we would have several clubs putting their hands up. But don't worry boys and girls, Mary is the man for the job according to Gus and Johnston.
I think we can guarantee that won’t happen again and he’ll start the year at 1 and stay there. To be quite honest, when he played there prior he actually went worse than Dufty in terms of defence and dropping bombs besides one game. No one really mentions this because he’s the golden child. Hopefully with a full pre season he will come out with more clarity.
If he does look elsewhere I still wouldn’t release him. A lot can happen in 12 months especially at the Tigers. They could go downhill real fast and madge is known to rub a lot of players up the wrong way. We could go better than expected, a coaching change could be announced, and he might be killing it at 1, and decide to stay.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi all
I am cheering on Zac as much as anyone on the forum.

I have seen a young player with ability but not at the standard and hype ie Brad Fittler’s gifted one comment. Zac hit the scene late 2018. I felt his best contribution was that our defence stiffened up markedly and his goal kicking was outstanding. Very impressed with the cool headed penalty under pressure in the Souths semi.

As an attacking centre I haven’t seen him bust tackles and stride into the clear. I have seen him run onto a Hunt pass late in the Broncos semi and put through a nice kick for flying Dufty tryAiken do this and even go on to long breaks even trys thereafter. ( not saying Aiken should remain) Close to the oppositions try line Zac uses a nice jink step and gone close one on one a few times and has almost been able to get a one backhanded pass to an unmarked winger for a try like Lattrell Mitchell does. Zac’s highlight reels looks good in lower grades. He has height and reach also.

It may be that Zac is cheesed off by not starting being centre 2019 after his good form in late 2018. I believe he is a centre and don’t think he is a fullback because he lacks genuine dash. He generally played soundly when out of position this year but nothing remarkable. It may be that he will fill out and grow a little more which would be an advantage.

2020 whatever team he plays for ( hope it’s us at centre) will answer the question as to what he is capable of.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
This is like a bad novel, it just keep getting worst and more unrealistic.

• Mary for 5 yrs and we extend him for 2 more even when we have grossly underperformed.
  • our juniors keep leaving as a result of no opportunities, yet the players keeping them out a massively under-performing.
  • for some reason, we continue to recruit players getting towards the end of their careers and are just going through the motions.
  • We have no real attacking plan.
  • Our defence is close to the worst.
  • we get a kick out of players been 70-80 minute players for some reason.
  • we sack or drop players and sup[port staff for things they are no in charge of.
  • Our board can manage the league's club let alone the football team.

If things don't change soon, the we will become part of Cronulla sharks or just compete in the CC just like Newtown. We may even be a feeder team for the Roosters.

BBTB

Juniors
This is like a bad novel, it just keep getting worst and more unrealistic.

• Mary for 5 yrs and we extend him for 2 more even when we have grossly underperformed.
  • our juniors keep leaving as a result of no opportunities, yet the players keeping them out a massively under-performing.
  • for some reason, we continue to recruit players getting towards the end of their careers and are just going through the motions.
  • We have no real attacking plan.
  • Our defence is close to the worst.
  • we get a kick out of players been 70-80 minute players for some reason.
  • we sack or drop players and sup[port staff for things they are no in charge of.
  • Our board can manage the league's club let alone the football team.

If things don't change soon, the we will become part of Cronulla sharks or just compete in the CC just like Newtown. We may even be a feeder team for the Roosters.
And now , Fat Albert, &son Dean Young.Running the Club....Those 2 should have been the first kicked to the curb...FFS....whats going on?

getsmarty

Immortal
I just can't believe that Lomax will potentially walk whilst we have Lafai and Aitken as our incumbent centres.

Seemingly Mary views those 2 as our long term centre pairing whilst we compete for multiple spoons.

McGregor probably has them penciled in until 2032....

giboz71

First Grade
Hi all
I am cheering on Zac as much as anyone on the forum.

I have seen a young player with ability but not at the standard and hype ie Brad Fittler’s gifted one comment. Zac hit the scene late 2018. I felt his best contribution was that our defence stiffened up markedly and his goal kicking was outstanding. Very impressed with the cool headed penalty under pressure in the Souths semi.

As an attacking centre I haven’t seen him bust tackles and stride into the clear. I have seen him run onto a Hunt pass late in the Broncos semi and put through a nice kick for flying Dufty tryAiken do this and even go on to long breaks even trys thereafter. ( not saying Aiken should remain) Close to the oppositions try line Zac uses a nice jink step and gone close one on one a few times and has almost been able to get a one backhanded pass to an unmarked winger for a try like Lattrell Mitchell does. Zac’s highlight reels looks good in lower grades. He has height and reach also.

It may be that Zac is cheesed off by not starting being centre 2019 after his good form in late 2018. I believe he is a centre and don’t think he is a fullback because he lacks genuine dash. He generally played soundly when out of position this year but nothing remarkable. It may be that he will fill out and grow a little more which would be an advantage.

2020 whatever team he plays for ( hope it’s us at centre) will answer the question as to what he is capable of.

We only had to see the emergence of Bronson Xerri (and Jesse Ramien) before him to show what a talented outside back can do when given an opportunity to put miles in their legs.

It's a massive jump to go from 20's to FG and these young guys need FG minutes to develop properly.

Lomax hasn't had that time yet because our intellectually bankrupt coach somehow thinks that Aitken and Lafai are FG standard centres (which they are not).

Lomax has been mismanaged terribly, hence I'm not surprised he's looking around. He's probably 12 months behind where he should be purely because of his coach.

jak

Bench
We only had to see the emergence of Bronson Xerri (and Jesse Ramien) before him to show what a talented outside back can do when given an opportunity to put miles in their legs.

It's a massive jump to go from 20's to FG and these young guys need FG minutes to develop properly.

Lomax hasn't had that time yet because our intellectually bankrupt coach somehow thinks that Aitken and Lafai are FG standard centres (which they are not).

Lomax has been mismanaged terribly, hence I'm not surprised he's looking around. He's probably 12 months behind where he should be purely because of his coach.
please stop calling mary a coach

Latest posts