What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

yobbo84

First Grade
They have been under the impression that they are getting Latrell since December 2017.

If you want some good reading look at a thread in their forum called "who should we swap for Angus" or something like that at the end of 2017 where they all spit the dummy because Crighton signed with us for 2019 season and they were convinced that we were desperate to have him in 2018 and would swap Latrell (among others) for him.

As I told them would be the case, nothing happened and Angus stayed for 2018 and they got nothing for him. Angus then won a comp in 2019, it was f**king hilarious.

Hopefully they miss out on him again, it will be equally hilarious.
Whilst we wouldn't say no to Latrell I'd say the entirety of our recruitment efforts right now would be on forwards. Our cupboard is very bare.

some11

Referee
They failed to mention Mbye in the “payed overs” category. Another astute signing that no club in their right mind would pay more than minimum wage. And they made him captain lmfao.
He is so bog average, even more astounding he played origin.

NNX6YGc.gif

We were told that Souths and the NRL were in some sort of back room deal to medically retire Burgess so they could get Mitchell

well, it’s appears that the truth is that Mataulino was medically retired......... very quickly, so they can make a play for Mitchell

Meanwhile the NRL are drawing out the Burgess decision stuffing Souths chances to get into the market

nothing’s changed with the nrl darlings, the tigers, getting a leg up again

Really? I'm a Tigers fan and if the NRL are constantly giving us a leg-up I think I'd prefer them to screw us over.

Chook Norris

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/ff877e142b3c35e1237390d05d4702ce

The Tigers are reportedly preparing a $3 million, three-year deal to land Mitchell after the Sydney Roosters rescinded an $800,000 contract offer to the superstar centre.

Mitchell is apparently keen on switching to fullback if he joins the Tigers. Thompson said the club would welcome Mitchell with “open arms” but he won’t be giving up his fullback position without a fight.

“If Latrell put his mind to it he could kill it at any position but I played there last year and I’m looking forward to playing there again next year,” the 29-year-old told AAP.

“I’m always ready for a good fight for a position.

When Latrell comes he’ll be a great weapon for us.” The Tigers’ big-money bid for Mitchell comes following Ryan Matterson’s controversial transfer from the Tigers to Parramatta.

Freudian slip there perhaps which probably shows how close Lattrell is to signing with the Tigers.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Two weeks ago I wasn’t super keen on the idea. Now that it seems we’re a big chance I’m hoping it will happen. Sadly it will now hurt when he goes to another club for $200k less then what we offered him and we end up with Dale Copley.

betcats

Referee
Two weeks ago I wasn’t super keen on the idea. Now that it seems we’re a big chance I’m hoping it will happen. Sadly it will now hurt when he goes to another club for $200k less then what we offered him and we end up with Dale Copley.

I think if you have the biggest offer he will be a tiger for sure.

Edit: I don’t want my club to get involved but if they did I couldn’t help but get a little excited over a player with his talent despite my other concerns.

Tommy Smith

Referee
So we lose the best young player in the game in RTS a few years ago due to cap constraints. And now we're once again about to lose the most talented young player in the game, whom we also developed.

But but "ehmagherdd Sombreroo... der Rorters are cheatzzz".

Latest posts