What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rugby League Digest Podcast

maccattack

Juniors
I love this podcast. I never miss it.
The super league stuff is captivating to me since I was out of the country for the years it happened so I missed it all.
Very well researched and presented in an entertaining manner.
Top stuff.

ram raid

Bench
I find them difficult to listen to. A bit all over the place and certainly quite biased. Example: "Thank God Fittler went to the Roosters". The whole Fittler episode was in fact way out of sequence, seeing that it was put in even before Penrith had joined SL. The intro and outro music are also too loud compared to the volume of the dialog. There's no doubt a lot of research happening but it is pointless if it is not even handed in its presentation.

I'm the same, which is why the opening and closing music (from Rex Mossop's TV call of the era) of this one are a problem, they wake the neighbours. It would be so easy to fix.

Filler really was a traitor to us bogans.

Lambretta

First Grade
One of them is very pro Super League and that bias comes out, but they have certainly done a lot of research.

Andrew was pro Super League as a 13 year old Raiders supporter, but Michael (ARL) does the research .

I don't stand in either camp, arriving in Oz after it started. But I find it pretty well balanced

Incorrect

Coach
Just listening to one of the episodes now and pissing myself laughing to Paskin's story about when he was 14 years old in the early 90's and wanted to find out if Ricky Stuart who was under an injury cloud, was going to be playing the following week so he rides his bike to the post office, looks up Raiders trainer Shaun McRae's home number and rings up to find out!! Lol

McRae's wife answers and he asks her if she knows if Sticky will be playing the following week! PMSL

Lambretta

First Grade
I've spent the last 3 months listening to all the Super League Podcasts and Episodes 1 - 55. My favourite podcast out there. Don't know what I'll do once I've caught up.

I have listened to every episode that are available on Spotify except for the most recent one, so I am there now

There are a few episodes missing from Spotify, so I will track those down. Then I'm buggered!

grouch

First Grade
It really is brilliant and I almost hope it never ends lol.

The most recent episode "Queenslander", based on the 1995 Origin series, may the high point of this Superleague War series so far, imo. I listened to it thinking that that 95 series is worthy of a Hollywood film, or at least an ESPN 30 for 30 style documentary - but neither would really provide the depth or context that this podcast has delivered. You need to know the full Superleague prologue before talking about that Origin series, and only this podcast can do it. Anything less would be mickey mouse.

If you haven't listened to this podcast series, I can not recommend it highly enough. There may be 20 something episodes now but don't let that intimidate you! Start from ep 1 and you will catch up very quickly

It really is brilliant and I almost hope it never ends lol.

The most recent episode "Queenslander", based on the 1995 Origin series, may the high point of this Superleague War series so far, imo. I listened to it thinking that that 95 series is worthy of a Hollywood film, or at least an ESPN 30 for 30 style documentary - but neither would really provide the depth or context that this podcast has delivered. You need to know the full Superleague prologue before talking about that Origin series, and only this podcast can do it. Anything less would be mickey mouse.

If you haven't listened to this podcast series, I can not recommend it highly enough. There may be 20 something episodes now but don't let that intimidate you! Start from ep 1 and you will catch up very quickly

i learnt of it through these forums, and downloaded all the SL series to listen to my recent drive from Adelaide / Sydney / Taree / Cobar / Adelaide.

I agree with you and most here. It’s brilliant listening and for me, great company booming through the desert highways of NSW and SA.