What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita Detained

Big Pete

Referee
https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...ined-in-bali-over-an-alleged-assault-c-548627

The alleged assault on a security guard occurred at the La Favela nightclub in Seminyak, the scene of another brawl last month involving Melbourne Storm’s Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Kuta police general crime unit chief, Putu Ika Prabawa, today said it was alleged that about 1.50am a security guard at La Favela was on duty in the back parking area of the club when he was hit in the face by a foreigner.

Putu said it was alleged that when the victim, Dani Irawan, was using his mobile phone he was suddenly hit in the face by a bule or foreigner who had been on a motorbike taxi, known as an ojek.

“The perpetrator jumped from the motorbike and tried to approach the victim, but was prevented by ojek driver,” a police chronology of the event says.

“So the alleged perpetrator was nabbed straight away and taken to the police station,” Teuku said.

“Witnesses said that he hit La Favela’s security. An ojek driver tried to separate them and he tried to hit the security again.”

Big Pete

Referee
It doesn't sound good for Fifita, especially since he was too inebriated to be interviewed by police.

More details will emerge soon, but worse case you'd have to presume he'll face jail time and will be rubbed out of the game for a significant length of time.

Bronco18

Juniors
Supposedly likely a peace agreement will be met with the security guard - he says he doesn’t want money but people have a right to be skeptical there. If that’s the case, no jail time, no punishment from abroad.

I can’t see the Integrity Unit being as forgiving.

Big Pete

Referee
Well they set a precedent with the NAS situation, but in that instance, the Test series with Great Britain covered it.

So I presume at most a 3 match suspension, possibly lower. Two weeks sounds about right for me. It's more than a slap on the wrist, but feels proportionate to the crime.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Seems like there wasn't much in it. As usual, it is the fans who will probably pay the penalty, with Fifita missing a few games so can have a nice little break and a fine that will barely affect him.

Hopefully Fifita will see that the Broncos club really went out of their way to help him, and sign with us long term on a discount. A man can dream...

Spot On

Coach
Well they set a precedent with the NAS situation, but in that instance, the Test series with Great Britain covered it.

So I presume at most a 3 match suspension, possibly lower. Two weeks sounds about right for me. It's more than a slap on the wrist, but feels proportionate to the crime.

Did NAS spend 3 days in a Bali prison?

Latest posts