What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernard Sutton admits Roosters dudded thrice during Grand Final - according to Weidler

carcharias

Immortal
It said the trainer shouldn't have been on the field in the first place. If he was on the bench as the rules state he should have been then the incident doesn't happen.

I am not arguing that the rule was applied incorrectly as it was technically correct assuming you ignore the fact the rules state he shouldn't have been there. My argument is that the rule needs to be tweaked so that the team who's trainer accidentally interferes with the flow of the game is not advantaged (the rule is outdated and was written at a time when trainers weren't camped on the field) Simple solution if it hits your trainer it is a handover responsibility is on the trainer to not get hit by the ball or his team looses the ball.

In addition the nrl should police their own rules and get them off the field once they have carried out their duty.

You like to go on saying the rules are the rules but then you contradict yourself by selectively ignoring the other rules that disprove your standpoint.

the rules state the ref got it right.

you’re trying to say he wasn’t allowed on the field.
Why?
How do you know a player wasn’t hurt?

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
the rules state the ref got it right.

you’re trying to say he wasn’t allowed on the field.
Why?
How do you know a player wasn’t hurt?

Exactly as I said I am not arguing that the scrum feed was ruled incorrectly it was correct (the rule itself is outdated and should be addressed for the future)

I'm saying he shouldn't have been on the field because they are professional athletes who shouldn't have required water or guidance 2 and a half minutes into the game. As for injuries watch the replay he had not treated anyone for injury at any point in the first 2 and a half minutes of play. Given there were no injuries at the time the rule states if he needed to give guidance to an individual player he then needs to immediately leave the field and return to the bench. He like all of them stayed on the field directing traffic for the whole set this is against the rules of the game and should be policed. Therefore he should not have been hit by the ball in the first place because he should not have been there at the time.

carcharias

Immortal
Exactly as I said I am not arguing that the scrum feed was ruled incorrectly it was correct (the rule itself is outdated and should be addressed for the future)

I'm saying he shouldn't have been on the field because they are professional athletes who shouldn't have required water or guidance 2 and a half minutes into the game. As for injuries watch the replay he had not treated anyone for injury at any point in the first 2 and a half minutes of play. Given there were no injuries at the time the rule states if he needed to give guidance to an individual player he then needs to immediately leave the field and return to the bench. He like all of them stayed on the field directing traffic for the whole set this is against the rules of the game and should be policed. Therefore he should not have been hit by the ball in the first place because he should not have been there at the time.

That is you’re opinion which means diddly squat.

Im going with the actual rules.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
I reckon he was of the opinion a player was hurt.
I base this on my clearly biased view.

Fair enough at the end of the day it makes very little difference what any of us fans think.

I for one hope they do something to correct the rules or at least police the rules they already have even if it costs my team a set of 6 at some point in the future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon he was of the opinion a player was hurt.
I base this on my clearly biased view.

Then he is sht as his job as he was stood 10m away from any player! Or maybe he is one of these new age psychokinetic healers channeling a players chakra to self heal?

carcharias

Immortal
You can get in the way while being somewhere you’re allowed.
C’mon
You blokes are basically claiming the raiders were ripped off when he got hit by the ball.

Why else would you be still sooking about it?

it complete arseburn.

that whinging Ricky merkin has rubbed off on you.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
C’mon
You blokes are basically claiming the raiders were ripped off when he got hit by the ball.

Why else would you be still sooking about it?

it complete arseburn.

that whinging Ricky merkin has rubbed off on you.

lol says the most wound up poster in this thread

Latest posts