What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
What continual chat? Source? It's much more likely that he had a falling out with Cleary senior as Luke Lewis did - and that's pretty public knowledge. Been more chat about the incompetence of our management and I think 2020 will FURTHER bear that out.

Luke Lewis leaving was more to do with Gould than Cleary though, although Cleary still played a part in it. Gould got rid of Jennings, Coote, Grant and Lewis to free up cap space and avoid large upgrades that they were all due under their contracts.

mxlegend99

Referee
That is the risk if you don't take these deals
In what world is offloading rep or fringe rep players a risk? There's almost no risk at all if you're offering up quality players. If were willing to cop ahuge chubk of their salary like we did why not wait until it works out for us?

We couldn't have possibly come out any worse in the longterm by waiting. We were so desperate to get rid of players and free up cap space we didnt care who left or how much we covered. Its not often early releases are handled so poorly and in the favour of the players and opposition teams.

We needed to get something out of it. We didnt.

betcats

Referee
I can’t remember exactly what Ivan said when Dallin was released but it was clear from his statement he thought Dallin was part of the disharmony in the playing group.

When Nathan Brown fell out with Ramien last year and dropped him the rest of the squad quit on him. Dallin was removed from the squad outright and our team went on a run, that seems telling to me.

Ive always liked Dallin(I still do) but he has said himself he was so unhappy hear he wanted to quit, it’s not hard to imagine someone that unhappy was a disruption. I remember arguing at the time people saying we hold all the cards with Dallins release are wrong, all we were holding was 500k plus sitting on the sidelines unhappy and the team was almost instantly better without him. That isn’t a good card to be holding.

mxlegend99

Referee
Crichton & To'o should be upgraded and extended soon.
Both want to stay.
Though one club is throwing silly money at both of them.
I was told To'o had already agreed to a 1 year extension probably a month ago or so.

They said Warriors threw some crazy money at him. But he didn't want to leave the area. I think as long as we have the likes of Luai, Crichton, Leniu etc. all here our chances at keeping all are higher.

betcats

Referee
I was told To'o had already agreed to a 1 year extension probably a month ago or so.

They said Warriors threw some crazy money at him. But he didn't want to leave the area. I think as long as we have the likes of Luai, Crichton, Leniu etc. all here our chances at keeping all are higher.

They are all Mt druitt boys aren’t they? To’o ain’t moving to nz. Strange they are throwing money at a winger, they have a pretty good back three.

Blade23

Juniors

Warriors are throwing a lot of big money around lately for players come 2021. Not only will they get burnt but some clubs maybe forced to overpay a little to keep a player.

franklin2323

Immortal
In what world is offloading rep or fringe rep players a risk? There's almost no risk at all if you're offering up quality players. If were willing to cop ahuge chubk of their salary like we did why not wait until it works out for us?

We couldn't have possibly come out any worse in the longterm by waiting. We were so desperate to get rid of players and free up cap space we didnt care who left or how much we covered. Its not often early releases are handled so poorly and in the favour of the players and opposition teams.

We needed to get something out of it. We didnt.

So you would rather play over the cap ( if that was the case) and keep Blake and DWZ?

Short term we are under the cap. Long term we have cash in 2021 or 2022 to either re-sign those Blade spoke of or go sign some guys

If DWZ was a problem then keep Blake. Getting rid of both of them was ridiculous given the lack of depth in the centres.

The management of the squad needs appears totally haphazard.

franklin2323

Immortal
If DWZ was a problem then keep Blake. Getting rid of both of them was ridiculous given the lack of depth in the centres.

Not if we are $1m over the cap. DWZ alone wouldn’t be enough

Or to get Api. I don’t see him on $500k so we’d be short to get Api

Last edited:
Not if we are $1m over the cap. DWZ alone wouldn’t be enough

We could’ve moved players on this off season to get under the cap, it wouldn’t have been a problem. You don’t have to be cap compliant immediately after the season ends.

And before you say we couldn’t have signed Apisai, we could of. Again you don’t have to be cap compliant immediately.

Blade23

Juniors

All I can tell you on Blake is there was an off field incident that didn't sit well with the playing group earlier this year. He was also another of Gould's back ended contacts.
Ivan's not interested in problem players or players with bad attitudes.
All about attitude must match ability.
The club is very big on value for salary at the moment.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
All I can tell you on Blake is there was an off field incident that didn't sit well with the playing group earlier this year. He was also another of Gould's back ended contacts.

Interesting. Personally I'm quite happy with that type of attitude. I hope it translates onto the footy field. Hearing Josh speak in the video he sounds hungry. I hope the others are too.

Thanks.

We need to be better at working through problems, not cutting and running. I’d have more confidence in Ivan’s strategy if it had paid dividends for him in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.