What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Another way to look at this is that all the media bullshit is actually being driven by us. Think about it, we want to sign Brimson for example, he thinks he can take his time and squeeze us for more than he is worth. How do you then put pressure on him without looking desperate? Pretend we are close to signing a way better player instead without actually saying anything.

We need a fullback, a middle forward, an edge back rower and a centre. I'd rather we get 4 good players than 1 marquee player and 3 duds.

Brimson, Tetevano, Leilau and Lomax would all fit the bill perfectly. Leave the marquee signing for next year once we manage to clear Packer and Reynolds off the books
I am thinking that we have come 9th for the last 2 seasons, we have lost RF, Masters & Matterson from last season, we certainly need to replace Matterson, Marshal & Reynolds can swap around in the 9, I think centre is covered (but could use another).
But a guy like LM gets us in the 8 pretty comfortably based on last seasons efforts, so he would be a very handy pick up, that we can afford. Then the next season, I understand we have a bucket load of cash to splash and good players will want to come.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hoping you're right Gus.

If we locked down LM and JAC for this year, we could spend our 2021 coin shoring up the forwards.
Time kills all deals though and it's looking less likely that we'll get LM across the line now I reckon.

Both would fantastic for us.

Wondering why you think the deal is fading away? Madge is only just coming back from Rep duties, our GM is ex-Easts and knows LM well, still got to get Easts approval etc, we don't go back to training for another week or two, so there is plenty of time.
To seal the deal, we should sign Mundine as a trainer (MM said Mundine was all right?), that should get LM here tomorrow.

WA Tiger

Bench
f**k the media , f**k the stories, f**k Madges Quotes ... If we cant buy players that can score tries I'm not the least bit interested In signing forwards .. Broncos had killer forwards but they were still garbage without BACKS AND GAME WINNERS!
I get u..we are like our great / grandparents coming out of the great depression..No waste!! But we’ve got $ now so can have both...Tetevano is 114 kg prop lock we need badly and the Broncos halves were a week link that we don’t have...My biggest concern is that the WT heirarchy hop into the mould of loser/ loser that means we lost by spending too much in the past so we lose the courage to buy when we need to and miss out on Mitchell and regret it - Madge won’t let that happen....

Both would fantastic for us.

Wondering why you think the deal is fading away? Madge is only just coming back from Rep duties, our GM is ex-Easts and knows LM well, still got to get Easts approval etc, we don't go back to training for another week or two, so there is plenty of time.
To seal the deal, we should sign Mundine as a trainer (MM said Mundine was all right?), that should get LM here tomorrow.

Yeah all very reasonable explanations. Just seems the longer things stretch in footy world they fizzle out based on past experience.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
There was something I read yesterday (sorry cant find the quote) about Latrell currently away with his family to clear his head and get away from everything, no decisions on his future to be made until he returns.

There was something I read yesterday (sorry cant find the quote) about Latrell currently away with his family to clear his head and get away from everything, no decisions on his future to be made until he returns.
Hoof, he has been given time to get away a few times by the Chooks hasn't he over the past couple of seasons? Hopefully the Tigers have a very good Welfare Officer (if they do sign him) or do they simply call on Inglis or Chock when Lattrell needs a shoulder?

High risk signing for sure.

macnaz

Staff member
Hoof, he has been given time to get away a few times by the Chooks hasn't he over the past couple of seasons? Hopefully the Tigers have a very good Welfare Officer (if they do sign him) or do they simply call on Inglis or Chock when Lattrell needs a shoulder?

High risk signing for sure.
But like I mentioned earlier... there is zero risk. SULI acted like a complete loser and still found 2 clubs lining up to take him from us and then the Dogs. LM is a proven premiership and rep player , if we dont succeed with him other teams CEO's will be parked at Concord to take him off our hands. FMD! The deadshit fish eating bullshit christian even had half the league after him and he has achieved f**k all so far.

macnaz

Staff member
2 posts ay Phil ? . . . if your other post stated the bleeding fkkng obvious as well, you are set for a distinguished career on this illustrious forum. You sure as hell picked the right username ( ask yourself why it wasn't taken)
I've done a full forensic computerized investigation :slight_smile: ;) and Phil Gould is a legit new forum member .:thumbsup: lol yeah I didnt do all that shit but he is legit.
Welcome mate .

Vozzy

Juniors
So Zane for ben
Latrell for Marsters
And brown for ryan

All these are upgrades. Maybe not the last one but brown adds some mungrel atleast. Garner and Tom Mikale have potential to go to another level. Oliver Clark for his first season in the NRL was atleast solid there were games he played 60min straight. Phil Gould said he will just go all day. I would be happy with this for now.

At the end of next year we will have more cash once the likes of packer Marshall and Lawrence have left. Reynolds I believe can still play a role he plays well at hooker at the start of the season.

Latest posts