What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Johnston quits

Dragonslayer

First Grade
According to the press release BJ will be gone by March 2020.

So, reality.

A CEO would need to give at least 1 months notice (if current CEO somewhere else). We are basically mid- November. A new CEO would have to be sought, interviewed, aporoved and ultimately want the job, all within 2 months.

You can almost see it now.....CY!

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
For whatever role BJ had in extending McGregor he should be ashamed.
Loved him as a player and the manner in which he retired (so we could sign Scott Gourlay) but his performance the past 12 months is a sad legacy.

I read an article today that BJ couldn’t be contacted for comment. Based on what forum members report that’s his MO.

Going forward Craig Young owned pubs didn’t he ?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
For whatever role BJ had in extending McGregor he should be ashamed.
Loved him as a player and the manner in which he retired (so we could sign Scott Gourlay) but his performance the past 12 months is a sad legacy.

I read an article today that BJ couldn’t be contacted for comment. Based on what forum members report that’s his MO.

Going forward Craig Young owned pubs didn’t he ?

This!

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_darkscreen2.jpeg

CLUB NEWS

CEO Johnston to depart Dragons
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 12 Nov 2019, 03:59 PM

St George Illawarra have today advised that Chief Executive Officer Brian Johnston will depart the Dragons in early 2020.

Johnston will step away from his second tenure as chief executive of St George Illawarra at the end of March.

Johnston informed Chairman Andrew Gordon and the board of his decision to depart the Dragons last month.

"The past 12 months as CEO of St George Illawarra has been a challenging yet enjoyable experience," Johnston said.

"I have made this decision to focus on my family and the farm back home in Dunedoo.

"I look forward to the next four months overseeing an exciting pre-season following the completion of the club's extremely important football department review."

Chairman Gordon paid tribute to Johnston for his contribution at the helm of the Dragons.

"Brian has overseen and played a vital role in what has been a significant period of change for the St George Illawarra club," Gordon said.

"Brian has faced numerous challenges both on and off the field in his time back in charge of the Dragons, and all the while navigated a new ownership model, as well as the handover from his long-term predecessor, competently.

"While his second tenure as chief executive officer was brief, Brian's successor will be better placed because of his contribution to the club; he will always be a part of the Dragons family."

St George Illawarra's board of directors will meet later this month to finalise the recruitment process of determining the club's new chief executive officer.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/11/12/ceo-johnston-to-depart-dragons/

Bench
Before BJ i was told that Maurice Iemma had the job and the Facebook page which he is a member wouldn’t confirm or deny it.

possm

Coach
Before BJ i was told that Maurice Iemma had the job and the Facebook page which he is a member wouldn’t confirm or deny it.
Surely we don't want any politicians or old boys to be our next CEO. Our next CEO will have the job to sack Mary; the sooner the better.