What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Wonder if it’s just the Tyrone Roberts Davis signing?

Haha I had already forgotten about him. I'm going to say it's someone else though- do players on a train and trial deal usually get signed within a week? He must have been pretty impressive if it is him.

PhilGould

Bench
My guess is it'll just be them announcing Roberts-Davis on a training deal, unfortunately nothing new.

Although O'Brien did say he's going to be more secretive with player negotiations so I could be wrong.

Silent Knight

First Grade
It's Enari Tuala. Good signing.

Cowboys centre. Some articles suggest Enari wasn't really getting a look in as Paul Green preferred putting Coen Hess at centre ahead of him, and we know how that worked out against us last season. Similar to Green not picking Ponga ahead of Coote, so he signs with us for a shot at first grade.

I like O'Brien's approach. He's trying to unearth some diamonds that he can pick up on the cheap (for now). It will also help with our depth and competition for first grade spots.

Burwood

Bench
Wonder where Moga sits in all of this? You'd have to think that Best and Hunt will be starting centres next year, with anyone just there for depth.

Old dog

Juniors
No reason why Moga, if fit, couldn’t play centre fight for positions with others, Best might be brought along slowly as very young. Think Moga is almost certainly gone after next season, can’t afford injury prone players.

Haffa

Moga is not just injury prone. He’s shit. His hands are worse than his knees. Best proved himself in the CC and NRL last year and showed his a class above bums like Moga.

elyod138

Bench
Cowboys fan here.

Enari definitely has potential but hasn't really shown it consistently yet.

Heard murmurs that he didn't get much of a go in first grade due to a poor attitude off the field for a long period.

A change of clubs could be the motivation he needs to bring his best, I hope he does well.

Yosh

Coach
Cowboys fan here.

Enari definitely has potential but hasn't really shown it consistently yet.

Heard murmurs that he didn't get much of a go in first grade due to a poor attitude off the field for a long period.

A change of clubs could be the motivation he needs to bring his best, I hope he does well.

If attitude is a problem then that's something I think O'Brian can work on. Roosters and the Storm are all attitude if nothing else.

Seems like a smart signing overall. Talented coming through, lost his way a little but is young, not injury prone and willing to bet on himself and move to a new team, new city and only a one year deal.

Burwood

Bench
The last centre we signed on a one year deal worked out pretty well, let’s hope for the same

Yep, got to say I've been happily surprised by Hunt. I thought Moga would walk straight back into the side when fit, but Hunt's form made it impossible to drop him.