What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose read Gals book?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'll read it. Haven't bought it yet.

I think the Emu Park Librarian - Quigs should send it down to me

At least scan the whole thing and post it here.

f**k the copyright!

I am about 3/4 of the way through the book - For me, because there is so much media and coverage of Rugby League, I knew most of what was written.

When Steve Roach, Wally Lewis, Peter Sterling or Mario Fenech released their books in the 1980's many of their experiences and stories had never been reported in the media, so it was fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable reading.

To this point, other than a few personal experiences, there is no real WOW moments in Gal's book because 95% of what is written is/was already public knowledge.

I also get a strong sense that for Legal reasons Gal didn't really launch into the ASADA debacle, other than his own personal experiences where he stated he followed every procedure he was taught from the time he was seventeen.

It has been a good read, but considering how much he has been through and how polarising of a player he was, it isn't particularly explosive.

Yes he would have had to be careful on the ASADA topic.

They would love to nail him on something if they could.

They (ASADA) already responded to Gal’s reference in his book about there sloppiness in leaving a test behind at his house. Lol.

Maybe he'll put this fight in the second edition...

GAL V SBW... IT’S ON!

The Paul Gallen-Sonny Bill Williams super fight is set to become a reality after years of false starts in a $2 million payday for both fighters.

SBW has a clause in his $10 million contract with Toronto Wolfpack that will allow him to fight – most likely in October next year.

After agreeing to fight the Cronulla Sharks legend two years ago, SBW has dodged him ever since.

The big payday is now too good to ignore.

Providing Gallen can beat old AFL hitman Barry Hall in Melbourne on Friday, the fight with SBW will happen.

“I’ve got to deal with Barry Hall first and get him out of the way,” Gallen said.

“It’s been a tough slog – I’ve carried the whole promo. He’s done nothing.

“I’m angry now. I just want to knock him out. We’ll worry about Sonny later.”

d6bf927ef64cde9c020cd2855b0f4b90

But first.... this guy. Picture: Dave Goudie
Gallen says the fight deal with SBW will be different to last time they agreed.

“It will be a 50/50 split or it won’t be happening,” he said, “Everything was lopsided his way last time. Not anymore. I bring as much to the fight as he does.

“He’ll make his couple of million so there will be no excuses for him to back away again.”

SBW’s agent Khoder Nasser insists his man is the biggest draw card.

“If Gal honestly thinks he’s entitled to a 50/50 cut the poor bugger has had too many head knocks,” Nasser said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/0e57383558260834b227a02291aa8c61

Quigs

Immortal
This boxing shit and it is an ever increasing big steaming pile of shit that is starting to smack of something that that Aussie boxer whom I, for some time have refuse to mention his name. Farkkk me what is going through these peoples heads. I'll tell youse ..........(psssst it is all about making $$$$ers)

Come in Spinner. It is even worse after reading Gals book. Half the deadbeats were his sparring partners over time.

I am officially announcing that I will not acknowledge anything more to do with this charade of fisticuffs and money making ripoffs. Thanks for all you did for the footy Gal but I am so over this BS.

Ring the bell ........Ring the bell.

snout

First Grade
What happens to Zarafas headspace now?
Preparing for a fight and you punch a bloke and he dies.

How do you put something like that behind you and move on?

SadShark

Bench
If it’s not full of pictures, with speech bubbles above heads, doesn’t have a readers forum, a sealed section or a pull out, ain’t pick in’ it up.

fizman

Bench
I would rate the book a 5/10 - simply because most of what was written is not new material. One has to also appreciate these "politically correct" times that we live - so I think the opportunity to expand was extremely limited.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If it is not manual of binary, syn, ack, syn ack, or firewalls or IPv6.

Maybe some cloud stuff that sits on top.

Otherwise have no interest.

If I want drama, I just live talk to my sisters and friends.