What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

natheel

Coach
Some tigers fans think they’ve got Nathan Brown I’m replace of Matterson. Don’t think we would let him go

Or if signing RCG + Matterson + big upgrades to Drown and Mahoney puts us over the cap.
I remember Anderson described that practice as "horrendous" during the salary cap investigation but I dunno. It has its drawbacks but also its benefits. I do wonder though if the new regime would be doing that again just yet though. In a way I kinda hope they are.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Some tigers fans think they’ve got Nathan Brown I’m replace of Matterson. Don’t think we would let him go
Well if that’s the case, someone forgot to mention it to Tiger’s Chairman Barry O’Farrell as he was quoted in an article yesterday saying:

“I wish Matto all the best at the Eels but there’s something seriously wrong when, halfway through a contract, he can walk away and the Wests Tigers get no benefit at all.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/07742b2545eebb2b763373babd505d76

It’s behind a paywall but if you’re desperate enough you can access it directly from Buzz’s twitter account.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember Anderson described that practice as "horrendous" during the salary cap investigation but I dunno. It has its drawbacks but also its benefits. I do wonder though if the new regime would be doing that again just yet though. In a way I kinda hope they are.
Signing players you need and releasing the ones you don't is something every club does, including the good ones. The Roosters are supposedly happy for one of their best players to leave with a year to run on his contract, now they know they won't be keeping him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well if that’s the case, someone forgot to mention it to Tiger’s Chairman Barry O’Farrell as he was quoted in an article yesterday saying:

“I wish Matto all the best at the Eels but there’s something seriously wrong when, halfway through a contract, he can walk away and the Wests Tigers get no benefit at all.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/07742b2545eebb2b763373babd505d76

It’s behind a paywall but if you’re desperate enough you can access it directly from Buzz’s twitter account.
It doesn't need to be a swap. The Tigers got the benefit of cap space. Now if anyone needs to release players the Tigers are in a great position to sign them. That includes players we let go.