What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Johnston quits

jak

Bench
Now the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Craig Young to ceo, purposely sacks McGregor mid season so the his son Dean, can take over, with Flano guiding him for 1.5 seasons.

Flank then returns to sharks while Dean Young learns to fly solo.

If McGregor lasted 5-6 seasons, surely Young will get at least the same time again.

Look no further, people.
The world is still flat.
I think you may have the makings of a move here

gregstar

Referee
lol I must be alone being actually sad to see him go.

He's had a tough run of shitty issues to deal with since he's been at the club this time around.
Actually he had to deal with a tough run of shit last time round.

This crap would have tested any poor prick stepping into the role. He didn't cause it, but it sure as shit put him in the crapper.

Good luck to him. He is one of the best blokes this club ever had both playing for it & administering it.

It'll be a tough gig finding someone capable to step into this poisonous cesspit.

Now spew at me as you see fit.

An article in the SMH this morning says the club is hoping Gould will become McGregors mentor otherwise they will find someone else. FFS after 6 years hasn’t that boat sailed.

Spending like a drunken sailor to keep the fake coach in a job. How the f#*k are all these changes cheaper than outright sacking the fraud?!

What staggers me even more is that the fake coach isn't the least bit embarrassed that he needs to be propped up like this.

Straight Shooter

18to87

First Grade
lol I must be alone being actually sad to see him go.

He's had a tough run of shitty issues to deal with since he's been at the club this time around.
Actually he had to deal with a tough run of shit last time round.

This crap would have tested any poor prick stepping into the role. He didn't cause it, but it sure as shit put him in the crapper.

Good luck to him. He is one of the best blokes this club ever had both playing for it & administering it.

It'll be a tough gig finding someone capable to step into this poisonous cesspit.

Now spew at me as you see fit.
A lot of people here have whinged that he never replied to emails. Well, he replied to me and more or less said that he doesn't reply to most because they contain profanity and didn't meet basic standards for electronic communication.

His email also sounded like a guy with a hand-tied behind his back and his resignation tends to support this notion.

Crush

Coach
Hard to know what to make of this. Having overseen major changes to the coaching staff (except McGregor) you'd think he'd be prepared to hang around. Has he no faith in the changes? Does he feel his position has been undermined? Is he expecting things to get worse before they get better?

I see nothing positive in this.
He's been asked to resign.

gregstar

Referee
Yeah, being a good bloke when administering the club is a fine attribute.

Straight Shooter
It would be interesting to see what other CEOs would have done walking into a mess. Bad funding, a rape charge mess with players distracted by it and threatening a boycott.

He's implemented whatever the review was or set it in motion & has resigned.

Good luck to him.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
I think he is feeling the pressure of all the bad mistakes the club has made from resigning McGregor to Deblin rape case and now players wanting to leave .hopefully gus Gould will take on the role but I highly doubt it..we really need a CEOs that can make hard calls and has the ability to attract quality players and sponsors to the joint..good luck to him his a great guy but maybe to nice ...someone fix this sinking ship...SOS

Old Timer

Coach
Stayed long enough to ensure that every other previous high quality applicant isn’t available
The timing is impeccable for a preferred candidate.

to_ddeath

Coach
Bloke was an abject failure.
McGregor extension absurd..’emotional intelligence’...his train wreck appearance on 2SM...yet we get from inbred Newell...’was very supportive of the Illawarra’.
Probably true in hindsight.
Friggin shambolic state of affairs.

getsmarty

Immortal
An article in the SMH this morning says the club is hoping Gould will become McGregors mentor otherwise they will find someone else. FFS after 6 years hasn’t that boat sailed.

Helps to have friends in high places....LOL

Paddles

Juniors
AND johnston resigned last month.Why the delay in announcing it ?

Yep, and why the silence in the announcement of the wholesale changes elsewhere a week ago? This departure does not appear to be part of the master plan to prop up McGregor with eight new underlings.

This appears to be the decision of a guy who knows what has to happen, and is aware that nothing will change with McGregor as the star around which the rest of the club orbits. I wouldn't be too surprised if we learn in the future that he was recommending a new coach, but got gazumped by the board/McGregor and the bs 'Gould review' commissioned by McGregor.