What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Round 2020

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Apologies if there is another thread elsewhere on this, feel free to merge if required.

For starters, anyone who didn't go this year and is considering going i highly recommend it. One of the best times we have had at a Rugby League event, the whole city was full of like minded League supporters just there for a great time. We've already booked flights and accommodation to get in early before the inevitable price rises.

On tickets though, 3 day passes went on sale today. If you want to sit in the best spots (Diamond) i'd hold back, we went into the ticketek office this morning and the lady pulled up the seating chart, they have only made about 4 rows available in the preferred areas which have already sold (340-303) and are trying to sell seats on the other side that is in the sun and also in the corners (324 and 319). She rang Ticketek head office and they said that over 70% of tickets have been held back by the promoter at this stage, another case of not rewarding the people who are genuine fans and trying to get in early.

Anyway, ticketing headaches aside this is a great event that I hope grows and becomes a mainstay of the calendar.

Lambretta

First Grade
I really wanted to go to this last year but it clashed with Mothers Day and my mates wanted to go to the Broncos game the following week.

Next season we're flying up to Townsville for Cowboys v Roosters

If I can get cheap flights I would be super keen for this

Lambretta

First Grade
On the magic schedule, I am so happy they have dropped the stupid stand alone Thursday game.

Much better scheduling

Billythekid

First Grade
On the magic schedule, I am so happy they have dropped the stupid stand alone Thursday game.

Much better scheduling

Good to see the NRL actually listen to feedback. Great change. Only issue is that with only 3 days it will only really make sense in big stadiums (like 30K per day bare minimum).

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Sent an email to the NRL the other day pointing out that we were already booked for accommodation and flights, yet if you want to get in early on tickets you get stuck with the crap seats. Had a lovely lady from Ticketek call me yesterday saying my email had been forwarded to them by the NRL, she booked us tickets near halfway on the western side 3 day pass. She also confirmed what we all think, they do hold back all the best seats and try and get rid of the crappy ones first, atm for Diamond class they are only selling in bays 324, 320 and 319.

Latest posts