What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Crashtest

Juniors
On my rugby league pc game I've got the top 17 as:

1. Edwards
2. Naden
3. Burton
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Koroisau
10. Fish
11. Martin
12. Kikau
13. Yeo

Interchange:

14. Kenny
15. Leniu
16. Leota
17. Burns

Forgot the numbering but Burton left side centre. Until we sign some guys and get an idea I think this is our best 17 for 2020.

I like your 17.

I think the actual side selected by Cleary for round one will be more conservative though, with Mansour on the wing, no Burton, and it down to Naden, Crichton and Whare battling for the two centre spots.

OldPanther

Coach
I like your 17.

I think the actual side selected by Cleary for round one will be more conservative though, with Mansour on the wing, no Burton, and it down to Naden, Crichton and Whare battling for the two centre spots.

Yeah that seems realistic. Also not sure how Mansour will go this year. It's been a while since his injury and an off season break could help him get right. If he does come back to form he will be hard to top.

betcats

Referee
I still think Mansour on a wing still has value for us. People get too carried away with his try scoring ratio or lack thereof.

Midseason after our run of wins(or during) people were saying Mansour is back to his barnstorming best. He is no where near past it. With the emergence of To'o who is very similar I wouldn't mind swapping Mansour for a winger who offers a bit more speed and athleticism but sauce is still a good option.

betcats

Referee
Sauce the back rower would be interesting lol he had the offload and the running game working last season(just not much else) so it’s possible I guess.

I still think Mansour on a wing still has value for us. People get too carried away with his try scoring ratio or lack thereof.

Reckon the try scoring needs to be seen in the greater context of the team. If we had strike weapons a winger like Mansour would be a good point of difference, but given our overall backline doesn’t have much strike, can we play Mansour?

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour was one of our best for a long time. But injuries have further limited his already limited ability. Try scoring was never his biggest strength. But he was still a decent finisher. A winger that scores 1 try in 19 games is not good enough. He hasn't been the same since his ACL injury, but the busted face was the icing on the cake for him.

While he only scored one try. He let in a lot. I dont think his tough carries make up for a high negative try scoring differential.

Naden at centre did kill plays down his side a bit. But Josh also bombed many chances through not having the pace, athleticism and height/leap of modern day wingers. But his injuries kind of held those areas back a bit too.

I wish we could wind back the clock to get the Mansour that forced his way into rep teams back. But as it stands now I doubt you could find a less threatening winger. Finishing off and scoring tries is one of the most important aspects of his job. He isnt very good at it anymore.

It would be interesting to see him in the forward pack. But I don't expect it to happen. That rumour started after talk on here about how we would like yo see it. I feel like that rumour grew from here.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Mansour was one of our best for a long time. But injuries have further limited his already limited ability. Try scoring was never his biggest strength. But he was still a decent finisher. A winger that scores 1 try in 19 games is not good enough. He hasn't been the same since his ACL injury, but the busted face was the icing on the cake for him.

While he only scored one try. He let in a lot. I dont think his tough carries make up for a high negative try scoring differential.

Naden at centre did kill plays down his side a bit. But Josh also bombed many chances through not having the pace, athleticism and height/leap of modern day wingers. But his injuries kind of held those areas back a bit too.

I wish we could wind back the clock to get the Mansour that forced his way into rep teams back. But as it stands now I doubt you could find a less threatening winger. Finishing off and scoring tries is one of the most important aspects of his job. He isnt very good at it anymore.

It would be interesting to see him in the forward pack. But I don't expect it to happen. That rumour started after talk on here about how we would like yo see it. I feel like that rumour grew from here.
Don't forget the many disallowed trys from fwd passes etc, he had quite a few this year, everytime he crossed over, the refs pulled it back

Abacus

Juniors
Don't forget the many disallowed trys from fwd passes etc, he had quite a few this year, everytime he crossed over, the refs pulled it back
Ah yes, the many times he overran his centre so the pass either went forward or behind Mansour. We probably bombed double-digit tries/opportunities through Mansour's positioning.

franklin2323

Immortal
The NRL in their weekly brief said a couple of the tries he had called back were wrong calls. Then 2-3 when he was positioned perfectly he didn’t get the ball from Naden. Remember Crichton also got very few chances on the same wing when he played

age.s

First Grade
OP/Fangs are you guys talking about a RL Manager game akin to Football Manager?

Always wanted a good one of those.

Fangs

Coach
OP/Fangs are you guys talking about a RL Manager game akin to Football Manager?

Always wanted a good one of those.

I'm still playing Rugby League Live 3. Haven't bothered to venture into the new titles as they look shit.

I do enjoy RL Manager though.

EDIT: Matt Moylan is heavenly in that game. Best thing about RL3 is you don't need to go and recruit him.

kinghippo

Juniors
Reckon the try scoring needs to be seen in the greater context of the team. If we had strike weapons a winger like Mansour would be a good point of difference, but given our overall backline doesn’t have much strike, can we play Mansour?
I see mansour very similarly to Whare at the moment. They have both been awesome players for us but we can’t afford to get sentimental with them.
The team needs to be selected on form, if they offer the most throughout the pre season they should win their spot, if not someone else deserves it and the team will be better for it.