What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprint cars

T-Boon

Coach
Anyone get into sprint cars?
I don't, but I have been several times and its always great fun.
The news that Parramatta is closing shop has me wanting to get out there and support it.
There use to be a track in Newcastle that got closed 15 years ago for an industrial area.
Where are the other tracks?

Parra

Referee
Love 'em.

There used to be a track at Goulburn & pretty sure there is one in the ACT. The old Newcastle track was a good one.

Here is the schedule for this season's WSS tour. This gives an idea - not all tracks are on it - Sydney is a very notable omission. Motor racing politics.

There are plenty of other speedways, they may not all be capable of hosting sprintcars. Plenty of other classes though.

2019/20 Calendar
SPEEDWEEK – South Australia, Victoria
December 26/27: Murray Machining and Sheds, Murray Bridge Speedway. Rd. 1
December 28: Borderline Speedway, Mt Gambier. Rd. 2
December 29: Sungold Stadium Premier Speedway, Warrnambool. Rd. 3
December 30: Avalon Raceway, Geelong. Rd. 4
January 1: Sungold Stadium Premier Speedway, Warrnambool. Rd. 5

Sunshine Swing - Queensland, New South Wales
January 4: Ausdeck Patios Archerfield Speedway. Rd. 6
January 5: Hi-Tec Oils Speedway, Toowoomba. Rd. 7
January 7: Fraser Shores Maryborough Speedway. Rd. 8
January 10/11: Ausdeck Patios Archerfield Speedway. Rd. 9 - Australian Open
January 14: Castrol Edge Lismore Speedway. Rd. 10

Western Swing – Western Australia
February 14: MCD Contracting Speedway, Esperance. Rd. 11
February 15: Make Smoking History Bunbury Speedway. Rd. 12
February 21: Perth Motorplex, Kwinana Beach. Rd.13
February 22: Perth Motorplex, Kwinana Beach. Rd. 14 – Grand Final

Parra

Referee
It would make sense for a new track to be built at Eastern Creek once the Granville track has been resumed/reused. Pressure should be on the government to build this so no racing season is lost.

T-Boon

Coach
It would make sense for a new track to be built at Eastern Creek once the Granville track has been resumed/reused. Pressure should be on the government to build this so no racing season is lost.

There should be one in the Western Suburbs of Newcastle - like out at Cardiff.

Life's Good

Coach
I’ve been very lucky to attend many an F1 Grand Prix(my fav form of Motorsport) BUT Sprintcars, under lights on a Saturday night is as good as any motorsport you can witness live. The rumble of the V8’s, the smell of the fuel or a wheelie on the straight(I’m thinking Parra Speedway)really does get the blood racing.
Watching Gary Rush, Brooke Tatnell, Max Dumnsney, Gary Brazier or US King Steve Kinser battle through a 20+ car field to the front is a sight to behold.
Mario Andretti talks about the artistry of movement in speedway racing. He isn’t wrong.

Latest posts