What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

We all have moments of madness but O'Conner really blitz it with his vote of confidence for McEgghead.
That was the start of the problem.
The problem has been compounded by not sacking him after repeatedly poor seasons and 10,000 assistant coaches.

Now that Dean Young is assistant coach, funny how he won't get punted.
McGregor will be sacked before reaching double round figures and Dean Young appointed for the next 10 years.

When that happens, this forum will close through lack of long life fans who threw their hands up in disgust and walked away.

Last edited:

Paddles

Juniors

Jeez that article is annoying.

McGregor's supporters say he would come a lot cheaper than Bennett, is a better long term option and has a strong connection with fans and the local community after coaching Wests Devils to three consecutive premierships in the Illawarra Coal League before taking charge of Illawarra Cutters NSW Cup team two years ago.

Top selling points. Also no mention of the fact that he actually failed in his two years as reserves coach, finishing 6th and 9th.

Imagine the power game he had going in his glory days at the Wests Devils though.

qld redvee

Juniors
on facebook yesterday " CLARKYS RUGBY LEAGUE COLUMN " - mentions Timms stats and how it was surprising he couldnt get a start but rather told he was UNWANTED. mentions young players need CORRECT coach to mentor and how this has bearing on player retention He mentions that there are 3 current players that dont like MAry ( no names ) figures could be off as he quotes 14 out of 30 are under 24 so he is using the 2019 squad . Exactly what we have all been saying ...

qld redvee

Juniors
Also love the story mentioning Kerr and marys remarks to him after his performance review . Mary says you should be a starting prop keep working on the little things - SO who was coaching / mentoring Kerr in order to improve ???

Mary conducting performance reviews what a joke Id have loved to have sat in on our aitken and lafais they could have been riveting and inspirational ..

And now we have to find someone to mentor Mary who can then mentor our players -- ??????????????

qld redvee

Juniors
Saya the Luke signing is close and that cam may spend time at 13 next year
Redvinme.
seems like we may have our new journeyman to sit on the bench and keep the youngsters away ..
Good old ( appropriate word) Isaac Luke .. can see it now utility bench spot to play lock at whos expense ?? Or seeing he wants to play 13 i can see supercoach having a brain fart and playing him at hooker and dropping cam to lock.. Wouldnt think of maybe playing luke at hooker and giving cam a rest..
But with our new fitness levels will any of our 13 need a rest old supercoach may keep everyone on the bench ... roll on new regime ( sometime in the future )

SAP58

Juniors
Also love the story mentioning Kerr and marys remarks to him after his performance review . Mary says you should be a starting prop keep working on the little things - SO who was coaching / mentoring Kerr in order to improve ???

Mary conducting performance reviews what a joke Id have loved to have sat in on our aitken and lafais they could have been riveting and inspirational ..

And now we have to find someone to mentor Mary who can then mentor our players -- ??????????????
Festers performance review on Aitken & Lafai would have been something like this - "a great year that's why you were first picked every week, strong defence and whole hearted in attack. You played without luck but I am sure with a strong off season you will be bigger and better in 2020, don't listen to anyone else I was the prince of centres and I know what I am talking about and we will show everyone you are the best centres in FG and I wouldn't swap you for anyone else"

Gareth67

First Grade
Festers performance review on Aitken & Lafai would have been something like this - "a great year that's why you were first picked every week, strong defence and whole hearted in attack. You played without luck but I am sure with a strong off season you will be bigger and better in 2020, don't listen to anyone else I was the prince of centres and I know what I am talking about and we will show everyone you are the best centres in FG and I wouldn't swap you for anyone else"

Pretty damn well close to the mark , they would had left the room saying “ well he is one of the best coaches in the game so he certainly knows what he is talking about ! “

It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about the three of them backslapping one another . :rage:

Gomarchin

Juniors
Pretty damn well close to the mark , they would had left the room saying “ well he is one of the best coaches in the game so he certainly knows what he is talking about ! “

It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about the three of them backslapping one another . :rage:
The two worst centres playing NRL today - coached by an Australian and origin centre.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I
We all have moments of madness but O'Conner really blitz it with his vote of confidence for McEgghead.
That was the start of the problem.
The problem has been compounded by not sacking him after repeatedly poor seasons and 10,000 assistant coaches.

Now that Dean Young is assistant coach, funny how he won't get punted.
McGregor will be sacked before reaching double round figures and Dean Young appointed for the next 10 years.

When that happens, this forum will close through lack of long life fans who threw their hands up in disgust and walked away.
Trump might soon be available

redVinme

Juniors
Redvinme.
seems like we may have our new journeyman to sit on the bench and keep the youngsters away ..
Good old ( appropriate word) Isaac Luke .. can see it now utility bench spot to play lock at whos expense ?? Or seeing he wants to play 13 i can see supercoach having a brain fart and playing him at hooker and dropping cam to lock.. Wouldnt think of maybe playing luke at hooker and giving cam a rest..
But with our new fitness levels will any of our 13 need a rest old supercoach may keep everyone on the bench ... roll on new regime ( sometime in the future )

This is exactly what will happen. He should be used in Reggie's and back up to firsts. I'd much prefer Ford take the 14 Jersey as he can play edge or centre. Probably lock too in more of a murray/radley role.

Instead we will have an old, undercooked Luke sitting there. Who if does sign has already missed the start of pre season and I'm sure probably needs it more than most.

Gareth67

First Grade
Redvinme.

I hope that he no longer has the 3rd man in the tackle out of his bag of tricks by now . We give away enough penalties as is without this bloke handing out more .

Bench
Some on line sites are saying McInnes will play second row next season and Luke will play in the number 9.
Words fail me, we don’t have a clue.

blacksafake

First Grade
Some on line sites are saying McInnes will play second row next season and Luke will play in the number 9.
Words fail me, we don’t have a clue.
Are they serious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I wouldn’t put it past L plate to move the number 2 hooker in the state.

Latest posts