What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran, worst signing in the history of the game...

Panther79

Juniors
Hard to say conclusively he is the worst but top 5 for sure...but what I would say is he is probably the worst in terms of what was known prior to signing him. At least with Bird, Milford, Barba and some of the others mentioned, they were coming of great years previously with not so much warning of what was to come.

Foran had already broken down at the Eels, had all sorts of rumors floating around about him, looked terrible and slow at the warriors and the bulldogs decide to swoop in and give him a million for 3 years? WTF, I mean if you want to take a punt on him, give him a year or so on a moderate salary...no wonder he signed up so early while at the warriors.

kdalymc

Bench
I think footys fun, so I'd be spewing to sit out.
But these guys that say "it's business", wouldn't they rather just get hurt and sit around on a few hundred k a year???

Ikuvalu fan

Juniors
I guess in terms of value but definitely not in terms of on field output. Foran was consistently one of their best whenever he managed to string a few games in a row for them before getting injured. At least he cashed in on his talent with a premiership, would've been a shame to see someone like him go completely unrewarded.

lynx000

Juniors
Unless Jack Bird can put in an injury free season, he will be right up there for me. Very poor return so far.

betcats

Referee
I think footys fun, so I'd be spewing to sit out.
But these guys that say "it's business", wouldn't they rather just get hurt and sit around on a few hundred k a year???

Id rather be playing footy, sitting around hurt is boring as shit plus surgery and rehab which sounds shit.

betcats

Referee
If you add up all the donkeys players mentioned they are really on top here. Let’s not forget the Vegan Darius Boyd.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Some of these listed just didn't really get a fair go - Hannay and Reynolds

Others just didn't do well in that team for some reason - Barba won us a premiership, Blair was pretty good after leaving Broncos. Makes you question was it them or the management.

Didn't Mitch Rein get a great contract somewhere?