What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

shiznit

Coach
What the f**k is with the runtime? 37 minutes?

It seems like an alright show I guess, but I was expecting better than that.

I haven’t seen it... I watched the first 5mins of it last night but the stream I was watching which was supposed to be HD was f**king rubbish... on a 65” TV it looks even worse...

I’m gonna wait for the release next week I think.

but for the millions they spent you would think they would do a full hour with maybe a 90min opening episode...

bileduct

Coach
I haven’t seen it... I watched the first 5mins of it last night but the stream I was watching which was supposed to be HD was f**king rubbish... on a 65” TV it looks even worse...

I’m gonna wait for the release next week I think.

but for the millions they spent you would think they would do a full hour with maybe a 90min opening episode...
I might just wait until all the episodes are out and watch it then.

Watching this episode felt like watching the first 10 minutes of a movie rather than a serial tv drama where each episode is part of continuous overarching plot but contains its own subplots.

The big reveal at the end of the episode? Well, without spoiling anything, I was like "yeah, and?" You'd have to be a total Star Wars nerd to get excited about it. For the average viewer or even casual Star Wars fan (which I consider myself to be, since I only really care about the movies and don't watch the animated series, read the books, comics, etc.) it wasn't really a compelling way to close out the episode.

The robot bounty hunter was pretty cool. But it didn't feel like there was much going on in the rest of the episode.

nöyd

Staff member
Lol is that a photo shop....
If you're referring to the dude in armour with the dodgy paedo-stache, that's Jeremy Bulloch, the original Boba Fett (in both body and voice, before Lucas decided that Jake The Muss would be a better option)

Timbo

Staff member
I enjoyed it.

But I had a moment halfway through when I realised something - as a sci fi nerd growing up, I always loved Wars and Trek.

With their movies, Trek had been doing Wars for years. With this, Wars is now doing Trek.

And I love it.

Jack Deth

Juniors
I have not read through this thread so no idea what everybody else thinks. But i thought the 1st ep was excellent.

Cannot wait for Friday and ep2.

Last edited:

Storm13

Juniors
I have not read through this thread so no idea what everybody else thinks. But i thought the 1st ep was excellent.

Cannot wait for Friday and ep2.
The first episode wasn't excellent. The first episode was just Star Wars.

Timbo

Staff member
I’m truly baffled by the run time.

They spent a bajillion dollars on it and it’s only a short series. Why the sitcom run time?

I dunno, makes it feel a bit cheaper to me.

bileduct

Coach
I’m truly baffled by the run time.

They spent a bajillion dollars on it and it’s only a short series. Why the sitcom run time?

I dunno, makes it feel a bit cheaper to me.
It was 27 minutes when you take out the recap and the end credits.

They even had to drag it out to get to that 27 minutes too. The whole chase scene with the jawas went on too long.

I wonder if the intention is to give all these new Marvel tv shows the short episode treatment too?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
15mil an episode and run time is 27 mins, lazy merkins. Still good though.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I wonder how much of this is Disney saying they have to appeal to kids so they’ve made the run time shorter. The powers that be at Star Wars have always banged on about their target audience being kids whilst ignoring the fact that the core fan base were kids in the 70s and 80s.

It’s actually putting me off it. I like time for shows I get into to slow burn. Everything is too rapid fire here.

The least they could’ve done would be to release it in one whack so you could binge it, then the run times wouldn’t be so obviour.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So for those of us doing the “right” thing and waiting for the au Disney+ release, I’m wondering if we will get all the eps that have already aired in the U.S straight up or will we get 1 each week starting from this week?

Timbo

Staff member
The cynic in me wonders:

if a lot of the hype around this, and it’s core plot point, are so Disney makes a trillion dollars selling Baby Yoda dolls and other assorted merch in the run-in to Christmas

It wouldn’t be a new thing for Star Wars.

Latest posts