What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Martin is a future leader for sure, he will set the tempo and lead by example IMO.

Yeah but he goes good for like 20 mins or so then dies off and has a quiet game or 2 after a big one. It is what inexperienced players do...moving forward he will be the man but a season or 2 down the track

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm 68 still have fond memories of beating St George 24-12 at Penrith Park in 1967. Saints had won the previous 11 premierships!

63 next birthday. Didn'y support Panthers till 1991. Saw a game (I'm from the bush) Penrith V Wests (with aunt and uncle) early 70's. Goalbird jersey, lots of dirt, small crowd. Wests won that day. There was no eastern grandstand either. Just the small wooden one on the west. Slatted seating. Still had the oval showground type of formation too. It was the first game I saw in the city.

John Hamblin

Juniors
63 next birthday. Didn'y support Panthers till 1991. Saw a game (I'm from the bush) Penrith V Wests (with aunt and uncle) early 70's. Goalbird jersey, lots of dirt, small crowd. Wests won that day. There was no eastern grandstand either. Just the small wooden one on the west. Slatted seating. Still had the oval showground type of formation too. It was the first game I saw in the city.

I still have the old chocolate soldiers jumper. In the old days if you went behind the grandstand at half time you could sometimes hear the coach ( Don Parish I think) yelling at the players!!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I still have the old chocolate soldiers jumper. In the old days if you went behind the grandstand at half time you could sometimes hear the coach ( Don Parish I think) yelling at the players!!

Love it.

Even now the smell of the rubbling alcohol can be smelt early in the day (western grandstand) Love that smell. Brings back so many memories as a teenager this smell abounded from the small group 3 dressing sheds at Taree. The canteen was right near the dressing sheds, so you had pies smelling of rubbing alochol and deep heat.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tell this to the young kids of today, and they roll their eyes (collectively and sigh)
Cars parked round the oval. Sitting there to get away from the cold. Honking the horn when tries were scored. Gosh it was fun.

Coastal

Juniors
Didn’t Bellamy say that about Scott Drinkwater? Who they later released for no gain? Didn’t they release will chambers this year?

I’m pretty happy the club isn’t making decisions based on one remark by an nrl coach to the media tbh.
pretty sure if you're talking about the cap, there was no loss either. I'd imagine though that in losing Chambers they are well ahead if they sign another PNG centre or likewise.

Coastal

Juniors
Along the lines people should back off and he is entitled to earn as much as he is entitled to for his next contact.
They have a close bond from Origin.
They have a close pay packet too. Is Nathan only defending himself for what he is getting paid? One has a great attitude, the other apparently doesn't, one can be an absolute game changer, the other struggles to produce the same outcome.

hindy111

Post Whore
Being a good year now since his knee reco, Mansour may come good again.
From what I have noticed the following season players struggle.

Whare also is far from hopeless. I'd say he is very solid. Just not spectacular.

The backline will stand as was in 2019 I reckon with Crighton maybe getting a chance if he looks good.

I expect one high profile signing however and also a few project/ back ups.
There would be money around after how many guys where let go. I wouldn't panic yet. Look at the Eels. Wooden spoon to 5th. And that was letting Hayne and Norman go. It doesn't take much in NRL. Atleastwith Maloney gone use can work on defense. I'd say 10 points less need to be scored now. His defense was that bad.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Being a good year now since his knee reco, Mansour may come good again.
From what I have noticed the following season players struggle.

Whare also is far from hopeless. I'd say he is very solid. Just not spectacular.

The backline will stand as was in 2019 I reckon with Crighton maybe getting a chance if he looks good.

I expect one high profile signing however and also a few project/ back ups.
There would be money around after how many guys where let go. I wouldn't panic yet. Look at the Eels. Wooden spoon to 5th. And that was letting Hayne and Norman go. It doesn't take much in NRL. Atleastwith Maloney gone use can work on defense. I'd say 10 points less need to be scored now. His defense was that bad.

Whare offers very little in attack and his defence is not as good as it once was ( he missed two tackles in the second game against the Roosters that led to tries). I would rather rely on local juniors than see more of fringe firstgraders like Sele Winterstein and Fuimaono. We need someone with genuine strike in the backs. Dylan Edwards is good but needs to find a little more pace, Staines and/or Laurie wont be ready for another year or two.

franklin2323

Immortal
Whare offers very little in attack and his defence is not as good as it once was ( he missed two tackles in the second game against the Roosters that led to tries). I would rather rely on local juniors than see more of fringe firstgraders like Sele Winterstein and Fuimaono. We need someone with genuine strike in the backs. Dylan Edwards is good but needs to find a little more pace, Staines and/or Laurie wont be ready for another year or two.

Thing we can't grow is experience though. The one thing the side lacks no one should be signed long term though

hindy111

Post Whore
Time will tell on Whare. He seems to no when to and not to pass. And still has a bit of pace and foot work. I reckon if stayed fit and not in and out of playing he would get back to decent form.

betcats

Referee
Whare just seems half a step off the pace of NRL to me these days, he has no impact with the ball 95 percent of the time. He still have the occasional nice pass or piece of footwork in him but defensively he has been slipping for at least the last two years, he can still hit but he is often caught out of position or making terrible reads giving up linebreaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts