What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MEMBERSHIP 2020

J.moz

Juniors
Membership at a low and the club a sinking ship. Coach mary still doesn't get it will go down in history of destroying the most famous club in rugby league. Have been a 16 year family Gold member and have emailed the club with no reply .I am so over all this spin that now the ceo will leave the club and many more to come ibefore the year ends.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hang in there J.Moz.
You’ll miss the main event if you go.
Stay and watch McGregor get sacked within 9 rounds.

A Celebration party will be hosted at the Dragons club by Flanno, who was employed to train Young jnr, in the role of head coach.
Watch Young utilise all his knowledge in advising the younger players at the club.

Watch the Dragons punch above their weight and finish 14th next season, amongst the tears of joy from Young snr & jun, not experienced since the Dragons won the competition in 2010.

View the player movement away from the club which will be viewed as a positive by the board, to allow club juniors to shine.

Watch Atkin and Lafai debut for Australia mid season after yet another spellbounding season.

Enjoy seeing Issac Luke pass water bottles at blistering pace before throwing a dummy cutout pass to Young senior, during on field halftime sessions.

.....ahhhh, so much to look forward to with little or no expectation.

It’s a WIN WIN situation.

Gareth67

First Grade
Membership at a low and the club a sinking ship. Coach mary still doesn't get it will go down in history of destroying the most famous club in rugby league. Have been a 16 year family Gold member and have emailed the club with no reply .I am so over all this spin that now the ceo will leave the club and many more to come ibefore the year ends.

It certainly looks that way at present J.moz , but give it a few months into the new season and things may look somewhat better .

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Hang in there J.Moz.

A Celebration party will be hosted at the Dragons club by Flanno, who was employed to train Young jnr, in the role of head coach.
Watch Young utilise all his knowledge in advising the younger players at the club.

Watch the Dragons punch above their weight and finish 14th next season, amongst the tears of joy from Young snr & jun, not experienced since the Dragons won the competition in 2010.

View the player movement away from the club which will be viewed as a positive by the board, to allow club juniors to shine.

Watch Atkin and Lafai debut for Australia mid season after yet another spellbounding season.

Enjoy seeing Issac Luke pass water bottles at blistering pace before throwing a dummy cutout pass to Young senior, during on field halftime sessions.

:joy::joy::joy:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Be interesting to see if the furore from fans across all social media platforms will be backed by actual action via membership boycotts?
I think it’s a personal thing whether or not to be a member or not..

You’re not any more or less of a supporter if you choose to let your membership lapse or keep it going..

For some, they may not want to lose their seats for when things get good again.. For others it’s around supporting the club to try and avoid RGRV outcomes again..

And for those who don’t renew, it’s a great way to have dialogue with the club as to why not..

Me? I let mine lapse a couple of years back.. Looking forward to the day McGregor goes as I will call the club on the day to sign back up..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Curious that the recent membership drive has seen no update from the club regarding 2020 numbers.

The LU membership tracker shows for the 28th Oct 2018 we had 7582, this year NS.

Checked the Dragons website and they still show 2019 total, again no mention of 2020 progressive numbers.

I also see a fair amount of new videos from players expressing how different 2020 will be.

When its finally released will we get the real or the fudge numbers, or will they simply not release them at all?

jak

Bench
Hang in there J.Moz.

you've sold me im in. have you any second hand cars for sale?

Crush

Coach
Never been a member, not really interested in live NRL, better game on tv for me. I do go out to the odd game but its easy to get tickets so I don't see the advantage of being a member.
What's the attraction? Is it cheaper if you do go to all home games?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Never been a member, not really interested in live NRL, better game on tv for me. I do go out to the odd game but its easy to get tickets so I don't see the advantage of being a member.
It’s not really worth it for me either. I live in Canberra so it’s a bit of a pain to attend home games as is. The years I have been a member is more just a donation to the club tbh of which 2010 was one of them thankfully.

getsmarty

Immortal
Curious that the recent membership drive has seen no update from the club regarding 2020 numbers.

The LU membership tracker shows for the 28th Oct 2018 we had 7582, this year NS.

Checked the Dragons website and they still show 2019 total, again no mention of 2020 progressive numbers.

I also see a fair amount of new videos from players expressing how different 2020 will be.

When its finally released will we get the real or the fudge numbers, or will they simply not release them at all?

Club will soon undertake a review of memberships...McGregor will again call on a high profile friend to undertake the review....with the end result being the guy who answers the phones @ the club will be terminated. along with others...

Of Course, McGregor will again be safe with more people bought in to help with memberships,,,,,,LOL

_Johnsy

Referee
For me it has always been about making a contribution to the clubs longer term success, with the current set up I cannot justify handing over $$ to these clowns who are running this club into the ground.

Gareth67

First Grade
For me it has always been about making a contribution to the clubs longer term success, with the current set up I cannot justify handing over $$ to these clowns who are running this club into the ground.

My thoughts also Johnsy . The fact that the players are not being coached to attain their best , both as individuals and more importantly as a team is bad enough .

What is even worse is the ‘ powers to be ‘ absolute unwavering attitude towards change - of any type . That to me is the real killer to continuing my contributions to the J.V.

Quite simply the money is not being put to the best possible use . To make matters even worse it would seem that the WIN organization is not pursuing the much needed T.P.A’s that one would expect from a media corporation that includes television stations.

One could go on and on about their shortcomings , but at the end of the day I , as an individual , am absolutely disappointed with their standard of professionalism , it simply staggers me that the St.George Illawarra venture is not being better run . Rant over .