What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Gabba, Nov 21-25 2019

Bazal

Post Whore
Great to see Mighty Joe back. Yeah he didn't look great in the tour match but he's been there and done that enough at Test level and he can bat 1-6.

Sandcroft.... Eh. He's got the balls for it, but his technique has been dissected and never changed

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the reports are contradicting one another, some even have Pukovski in the team

media have no clue

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol Hohns reckons Plodcroft has had the bit between his teeth since England and has shown improvement in his game. He was averaging 11 in the Shield this season. Lol just f**k off Hohns you outdated smelly turd.

But but boomers tell me Hohns' generation is the best ever and they should have total control of the modern game!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure why we have two pace bowlers as cover? Hope one of the front line bowlers isn't under a cloud

JL gonna pick Bancroft cause he top scored in the A game or because he is back up keeper? :rolleyes:

Hopefully Bancroft, Nesser and Patto are the ones to drop out of the squad, come toss time next week

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...n/news-story/d50aed46e33240dd5f41f846dbbf8e34

Expected squad:Tim Paine (c, wk), Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol Hohns, reckons performances in England also had a baring on the make up of the squad. Warner and Plodcroft’s performances were A 1 lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol Hohns tried to kill off Steve Waugh’s career, now he makes excuses for untalented plodders like Plodcroft.

“He has everything we and Justin Langer like in a player”. Except talent Trevor and a technique that is up to international cricket.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol Hohns tried to kill off Steve Waugh’s career, now he makes excuses for untalented plodders like Plodcroft.

“He has everything we and Justin Langer like in a player”. Except talent Trevor and a technique that is up to international cricket.

I don't even think it's about talent. Hes good enough ability wise.

He just can't score runs because of the way he squares up and he seems to refuse to work on it.

I mean Burns is a candidate to nick off but at least his technique allows him to score once he's in

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't even think it's about talent. Hes good enough ability wise.

He just can't score runs because of the way he squares up and he seems to refuse to work on it.

I mean Burns is a candidate to nick off but at least his technique allows him to score once he's in
His technique is about the worst I have seen from an Aussie opening batsman. Just horrible, he’s a hard worker we are told but has done nothing with his technique since he was first picked.

Bazal

Post Whore
His technique is about the worst I have seen from an Aussie opening batsman. Just horrible, he’s a hard worker we are told but has done nothing with his technique since he was first picked.

Technique is overrated but when you're not good enough to overcome or eliminate a fatal flaw it's not a great sign.

And Bancroft could do it easily. Three quarters of his issues would be solved by fixing his back lift FFS!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Technique is overrated but when you're not good enough to overcome or eliminate a fatal flaw it's not a great sign.

And Bancroft could do it easily. Three quarters of his issues would be solved by fixing his back lift FFS!
He’s had almost 3 years to fix his technique. He and the coaches are unable to do it.

King hit

Coach
Not sure why we have two pace bowlers as cover? Hope one of the front line bowlers isn't under a cloud

JL gonna pick Bancroft cause he top scored in the A game or because he is back up keeper? :rolleyes:

Hopefully Bancroft, Nesser and Patto are the ones to drop out of the squad, come toss time next week

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...n/news-story/d50aed46e33240dd5f41f846dbbf8e34

Expected squad:Tim Paine (c, wk), Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner

Good to see that Neser is in the squad even if he doesn't play. Been bowling very well for Queensland.