What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran, worst signing in the history of the game...

betcats

Referee
A lot of s#it signings here but poor old Foran isn't one of them. Just been really unlucky with injury. I though his time at the dogs has been good, when he was on the field.

Give the guy some credit for trying to turn around his situation and troubles.

He hasn't been good value for the dogs, but he at least has a go.

He wasn't good value for NZ or the eels before the dogs, when did he last finish a season? Not his fault for sure he has a crack when fit, its the dogs fault for paying so much for such an injury prone player IMO.

MrBlack

Juniors
He wasn't good value for NZ or the eels before the dogs, when did he last finish a season? Not his fault for sure he has a crack when fit, its the dogs fault for paying so much for such an injury prone player IMO.

Agree. They should have been more cautious. I'm sure at the time they could have got him a lot cheaper.

Wizardman

First Grade
To Foran's credit, he absolutely plays the game in the way you want your 5/8th to play. The problem is that it does not result in a very long career. More ways to bring fatigue into the game is an absolute must. You want an even balance in rugby league...big guys win the first 20, little guys win the last 20.

Let us all take a moment to remember Karl Filiga --> Sharks:

- rookie
- $200K pa over 3 years.
- 11 minutes game time total

That's $18,182 per minute.
This is actually a fallacy that the media has reported for years, and others have taken as gospel.
He was signed on a basic contract, i think it was 60K per year. IF he played so many 1st Grade games the 200K kicked in, he didnt play those games and was subsequently let go at the end of his first season.
Still a dud for 60K though

gerg

Juniors
Some of these listed just didn't really get a fair go - Hannay and Reynolds

Others just didn't do well in that team for some reason - Barba won us a premiership, Blair was pretty good after leaving Broncos. Makes you question was it them or the management.

Didn't Mitch Rein get a great contract somewhere?

Are you referring to Adam Blair (Warriors) zero runs for zero metres, or is there another Blair?

Canard

Immortal
A lot of s#it signings here but poor old Foran isn't one of them. Just been really unlucky with injury. I though his time at the dogs has been good, when he was on the field.

Give the guy some credit for trying to turn around his situation and troubles.

He hasn't been good value for the dogs, but he at least has a go.

He has been complete shit for years.

Don't sugar coat it

firechild

First Grade
So glad my club got the only good years out of Foz. Can't deny his talent, he just doesn't have the body to hold up to how he plays the game. He plays in a similar way to Langer or Toovey but his body hasn't been as kind. Maybe it's the fact that he usually hits the line instead of going through it.

First Grade
Packer to the Knights, I saw one photo of him in a Knights Jersey, then he head stomped the guy went to Jail. Knights supported his family while he was inside "rehabilitating" then the merkin signed elsewhere, never played a game for us.

Fangs

Coach
Feel sorry for the guy. Still has plenty of ticker, love the way he plays football. Just not the way he gets injured every 5 seconds.

If they had some other decent players (Foran paycut...) then they could play him off the bench. Like the Cowboys did with Jason Smith in 2007.

Here’s a few of my speshal selections...

Remi Casty to Roosters

How on earth can you have Remi 'The Fantastic Frenchman' Casty on that list.

Remi was signed on a basic, minimum contract, purely because he wanted to play for the best team in the world and in the best competition in the world.

Remi was an unmitigated success, he won a world club championship, scored 2 trys, helped the Roosters have the best record during the regular season and almost made the grand final.

He played so well that he was offered a massive 4 year deal by French glamour club Catalans Dragons to become the face of their franchise.

Remi's other significant achievements include captaining his country in international football, making the Super League Dream Team (twice) and winning the Challenge Cup Final, as captain.

Latest posts