What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Johnston quits

BLM01

First Grade
Ahh finally he has done it. Sad really he is not necessarily the one who should be walking away as did not have support of or agree with others on the board.
Those that blame Johnno for extending McGregor (yes he endorsed it in public and maybe supported it) but he did not do it against the boards wishes.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ahh finally he has done it. Sad really he is not necessarily the one who should be walking away as did not have support of or agree with others on the board.
Those that blame Johnno for extending McGregor (yes he endorsed it in public and maybe supported it) but he did not do it against the boards wishes.
Thanks for passing on that info. I was already suspecting that what you said may have been the case. It looks/sounds like BJ was being undermined the whole time he took over, I am suspecting by Craig Young. Craig Young may still think he is the captain and behaved in that manor.

Correct me if I am wrong, but every other assistant or lower grade coach, besides Dean Young has been moved on since Dean Young was made part of our coaching staff. What a co incidence, Dean must be a really good coach to have survived, while all the others got sacked. Now here is an interesting consideration. Craig Young doesn't want us to sign a good coach, because for one he will want to bring his own coaching staff with him and two, Dean Young's chances of taking over from a good coach would be less than taking over from Mary. I think some others may have already suggested things along the same lines.

If Craig Young takes over from BJ, I can see only doom and gloom for us.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The solution is simple.

No more St George CEOs.. Clearly they are duds.

We’ve been held back for far too long with their bumbling, nepotism and cronyism.

The next leader must come from Illawarra!

It’s our only path to success..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
John Howard for CEO.
Ran a country for 11 years, has a boyhood passion for St.George. Seems a good fit to me.
105413_1_O.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol I must be alone being actually sad to see him go.

He's had a tough run of shitty issues to deal with since he's been at the club this time around.
Actually he had to deal with a tough run of shit last time round.

This crap would have tested any poor prick stepping into the role. He didn't cause it, but it sure as shit put him in the crapper.

Good luck to him. He is one of the best blokes this club ever had both playing for it & administering it.

It'll be a tough gig finding someone capable to step into this poisonous cesspit.

Now spew at me as you see fit.
No, you're not alone.

People forget that the CEO is not a dictator. Decisions or recommendations have to be backed by the board. CEO is a powerful position but he/she still has to carry out the wishes of the board.

I always found BJ to be very approachable. The same goes for other fans, including a few fellow forummers.

Como Connection

First Grade
No, you're not alone.

People forget that the CEO is not a dictator. Decisions or recommendations have to be backed by the board. CEO is a powerful position but he/she still has to carry out the wishes of the board.

I always found BJ to be very approachable. The same goes for other fans, including a few fellow forummers.
100% Willo, I depart Currumbin today but will see you 1 August up here for the Titans game.
CC

Walpole

Juniors
For those saying John Howard should be CEO, he's 80 years old! I know that makes him close in age to plenty of posters here but come on, let him enjoy whatever time he has left without having to worry about the basket case that is the Dragons.

I would have liked them to look at Steve Price (the good one). He has a business background and obviously plenty of experience in the game, but alas he's been recently made the Bulldogs football manager. Plus having another Steve Price around would have been hilarious.

Gareth67

First Grade
I recall the ‘85 G.Final against our nemesis Canterbury , they showed Howard before the kick-off with a Dragon scarf wrapped around his scrawny little neck ( not tight enough for my liking ) , but after we were beaten his was wearing a bluudy Bulldog scarf as he stood on the podium all smiles . . .that said it all about his allegiance to the club.

Old Timer

Coach
All the people proposed / or suggested as maybe being the new CEO thus far are complete and utter duds compared to my candidate who is the only person imminently qualified to take over as CEO and he also comes with a deputy CEO as well.
He has broad range of experience, a long and successful history in the retail industry, excellent customer relationship skills, and what is extremely pleasing is that he is well known to the media as well as the council and could broker decent outcomes with those crucial business partners.
His knowledge and understanding of all things good for St GI is without question, he is an absolute Saint whose name just happens to be George (just incredible) and he is the man on the left who of course used to be the man who once held a banner for our previous CEO "Oust Doust"

IMG_4911.JPG

merahputih

Juniors
All the people proposed / or suggested as maybe being the new CEO thus far are complete and utter duds compared to my candidate who is the only person imminently qualified to take over as CEO and he also comes with a deputy CEO as well.
He has broad range of experience, a long and successful history in the retail industry, excellent customer relationship skills, and what is extremely pleasing is that he is well known to the media as well as the council and could broker decent outcomes with those crucial business partners.
His knowledge and understanding of all things good for St GI is without question, he is an absolute Saint whose name just happens to be George (just incredible) and he is the man on the left who of course used to be the man who once held a banner for our previous CEO "Oust Doust"

View attachment 34118
He's got my vote, oh wait...I haven't got one.

Latest posts