What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Watched Ep 4 season 2 ..Mr Inbetween .
Jesus ....not much humour...a much Darker Episode ......just a gritty realistic look at a father trying to find out what happened to their child who vanished years ago .
10/10 episode .
It'll have you thinking...how far would you go to find out what happened if you were the father .

Brilliant acting..brilliant episode .
Brilliant series .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watched Ep 4 season 2 ..Mr Inbetween .
Jesus ....not much humour...a much Darker Episode ......just a gritty realistic look at a father trying to find out what happened to their child who vanished years ago .
10/10 episode .
It'll have you thinking...how far would you go to find out what happened if you were the father .

Brilliant acting..brilliant episode .
Brilliant series .
Spot on, outstanding episode.

Easily one of the best new shows I’ve seen in years.

mackdadday

Juniors
Just finished the first season of the amazing gemstones..hilarious but with those dabs of drama thrown in at the right moments.

azzah72

Bench
I can't express how much I love Mr Inbetween, it crams so much in 25 or so mins to be better than most hour shows.

the middle eps this season are definitely taking more of a somber, dramatic turn with less humour but I think the pay off will be good.

I intended to wait until the full season was out till I started watching S2, I gave in this weekend.

So, So good.

Timbo

Staff member
Don’t you hate when you find a show, fall in love with it and it gets axed?

Lodge 49, a show I only started watching a few weeks ago and binged both seasons in a weekend has been axed. It was really amazing television and this is a total shame. I’ve also had the same thing happen with Santa Clarita Diet this year.

It’s a bit bullshit because these are two quirky shows that were a bit different, but an awful lot of fun. Where’s the incentive for creators to do something different when the weird new shows keep getting the axe?

I’m going to stop watching shows like this until they’ve done their full run. What’s the point otherwise.

Timbo

Staff member
Undone on Amazon Prime.

New show by Raphael Bob-Waksberg, creator of Bojack Horsemen.

Liking what I’ve seen so far. It’s another series of gut punches though, much like BoJack.

bileduct

Coach
Undone on Amazon Prime.

New show by Raphael Bob-Waksberg, creator of Bojack Horsemen.

Liking what I’ve seen so far. It’s another series of gut punches though, much like BoJack.
I watched a bunch of these last night... Great show! Hopefully I'll finish off the rest of the episodes tonight.

Timbo

Staff member
I’ll start watching those if you guys give Lodge 49 a go. I’m starting to run out of belief it’ll get picked up.

bileduct

Coach
I’ll start watching those if you guys give Lodge 49 a go. I’m starting to run out of belief it’ll get picked up.
Ok I googled it and the first thing I saw was it's an AMC show, so I'm in.

AMC also made Rubicon.... and Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Halt and Catch Fire, Mad Men... all the best shows.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I started watching Ozark last night. Binged the first 3 eps. Really enjoying it so far. Most tv shows bore me to death but this has me keen to see the next episode.

Plenty of interesting characters and well acted by the likes of Bateman and Linney. Other performances are believable too. Some good plots are forming and I’m looking forward to seeing how they play out, particularly those involving Ruth and Agent Petty.

Xcalibre

Juniors
On Becoming a God in Central Florida on SBS looks good so far. I’ve watched less than 10 minutes yet I already know it’s a series I’ll watch. It’s got a quirky, unusual vibe and seems to be set in the 90s, with some horrendously great clothing and fun tunes.

Kirsten Dunce annoyed me silly when she was younger, but I love her now. She was good in Fargo and now in this new series, her character is awesome. She plays Krystal Stubbs, a chubby, white trash mum. She works at the local water park and wears braces.

She and her hubby (Alexander Skarsgaard) are on their way up the ladder of a pyramid scheme and Krystal seems like she’s become skeptical after being a participant for over 2 years. It’s only early days in the story though.

SBS aired 2 episodes in a row to begin the series last Thursday. Will see if that continues. I forgot it was on and only remembered when the first ep was nearly finished, so I’m watching it now and have ep 2 recorded.

Timbo

Staff member
On Becoming a God in Central Florida on SBS looks good so far. I’ve watched less than 10 minutes yet I already know it’s a series I’ll watch. It’s got a quirky, unusual vibe and seems to be set in the 90s, with some horrendously great clothing and fun tunes.

Kirsten Dunce annoyed me silly when she was younger, but I love her now. She was good in Fargo and now in this new series, her character is awesome. She plays Krystal Stubbs, a chubby, white trash mum. She works at the local water park and wears braces.

She and her hubby (Alexander Skarsgaard) are on their way up the ladder of a pyramid scheme and Krystal seems like she’s become skeptical after being a participant for over 2 years. It’s only early days in the story though.

SBS aired 2 episodes in a row to begin the series last Thursday. Will see if that continues. I forgot it was on and only remembered when the first ep was nearly finished, so I’m watching it now and have ep 2 recorded.

My wife and I watched via alternate means earlier this year.

It is so good, and just keeps getting better.