What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

getsmarty

Immortal
Stay and enjoy the entertainment, mate.

r0_0_2818_1582_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

921d3be00dad09e3caeeddb7298765fe

getsmarty

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020

Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?

St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020 Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?
  • They’ll be premiers
    8%
  • In the finals but no title
    21%
  • Just miss the playoffs
    31%
  • Around the bottom of the ladder
    40%
8,991 Votes

sack-mcgregor-2020-jpg.34092

ghostface

Juniors
A quote from Mike Cooper shortly after departing the Dragons. Fair to say he hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer.

"In a thinly-veiled swipe at coach Paul McGregor, Cooper accused the Dragons of hanging onto people for too long and living in the past.

He warned next year could be as bad as this year if there isn't a dramatic change of direction in the way the Red V play.

Now back in the Super League with Warrington, the front-rower told Rugby League Week: "They (the Dragons) always revert back to the glory years of 11 (premierships) in a row. I think they need to move on from that era because that isn’t where the club is at the moment.

"A lot of people have been there a long time…sometimes you need fresh ideas."

"I think they need a good freshen up. If they don’t make big changes then they'll be in the same situation position next year."

But it was this whack that really angered Dragons fans – many of whom Cooper blocked on social media this season.

"I think maybe the fans think the brand's bigger than it actually is in terms of the league, members and numbers and fans turning up on the gate," Cooper declared.

hewi

Bench
I would suggest that Cooper is speaking what many other players are also thinking but because of their situation wont publicly say. He must read what’s on here because it really is no different to what most of us think. But, with a new gym and a mentor for the 6 year veteran ball boy 2020 will be very different.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
614 pages of sack McGregor and the old Teflon man Mary McGregor still survives.Is this man invincible or what.?
KPI measurements would indicate he should have been sacked many times but he is still with us.
Heavens forbid what did we do to deserve this?

TruSaint

Referee
A quote from Mike Cooper shortly after departing the Dragons. Fair to say he hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer.

"In a thinly-veiled swipe at coach Paul McGregor, Cooper accused the Dragons of hanging onto people for too long and living in the past.

He warned next year could be as bad as this year if there isn't a dramatic change of direction in the way the Red V play.

Now back in the Super League with Warrington, the front-rower told Rugby League Week: "They (the Dragons) always revert back to the glory years of 11 (premierships) in a row. I think they need to move on from that era because that isn’t where the club is at the moment.

"A lot of people have been there a long time…sometimes you need fresh ideas."

"I think they need a good freshen up. If they don’t make big changes then they'll be in the same situation position next year."

But it was this whack that really angered Dragons fans – many of whom Cooper blocked on social media this season.

"I think maybe the fans think the brand's bigger than it actually is in terms of the league, members and numbers and fans turning up on the gate," Cooper declared.

He called it as he saw it.

Living in past times. Believing that a brand is bigger than it is when the stats say otherwise.

Yet most fans took offence to this. Amazing. he didn't criticise the rich history, all he said was " stop using it as an excuse".

This is more on the board than on Mary. This is an ex player calling out what we all see. " We are Saints... We won 11 in a row... Show us respect ... " etc etc . Yet he was 100% on the money as is evident now with the lowest attendance rate at home grounds in the comp.

I love our history, but as he said, stop living in it.