What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Interest

ALSGI

Bench
My lost of interest is merely to assist in minimising the pain. Lowering expectations helps in the short run but there’s a limit to the number of poor performances I can endure. Rewarding the coach in the off season by reshuffling everyone else only makes me want to disconnect all the more.
The Debelin situation, I believe, has caused unprecedented destabilisation for the club and in hindsight, his non sacking, a huge mistake.
I may re-engage in 2021, our centennial, but 2020 already looks grim.
Good point and reminder about 2021 being our centennial. Bloody hell makes this Board all the more shameful and my interest slip even more.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
2021, yep 100 for the good ole Saints.

I wonder if the powers at be promote and celebrate this in a worthy fashion, or will it be splashed with JV political correctness.

It will be dulled down with the latter, Tru.
Ceo Young will announce that the Dragons couldn’t achieved this milestone with lllawarra as their JV partner.

They will put out a special JV jersey that costs twice as much as the standard jersey but the price hike was necessitated by the 50% drop in club membership, which was caused by the placements of Craig Young as CEO, who facilitated the appointment of his son Dean, as head coach of the Dragons, on a 10 year, no fault contract, not dissimilar to the previous coach, Paul McGregor, was was able to bleed the system for nearly six years, through lack of KPI’s in his contract.

TruSaint

Referee
It will be dulled down with the latter, Tru.
Ceo Young will announce that the Dragons couldn’t achieved this milestone with lllawarra as their JV partner.

They will put out a special JV jersey that costs twice as much as the standard jersey but the price hike was necessitated by the 50% drop in club membership, which was caused by the placements of Craig Young as CEO, who facilitated the appointment of his son Dean, as head coach of the Dragons, on a 10 year, no fault contract, not dissimilar to the previous coach, Paul McGregor, was was able to bleed the system for nearly six years, through lack of KPI’s in his contract.

THat part re Deano, did make me laugh at least.
Nice one bro

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hate to break it to you but 2020 is our 100th season. Our 100th anniversary will be October 2020.
That's when the NSWRL agreed to St George being admitted into the First Grade. But the first meeting took place on November 8th, 1920 at the Kogarah School of Arts.

The hall is still there and last time I looked it was mostly in original condition. It would be a great thing to look into hiring the hall for a special event next year.

getsmarty

Immortal
1a01cfbf5b81663531818cf4dc95b844

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
That's when the NSWRL agreed to St George being admitted into the First Grade. But the first meeting took place on November 8th, 1920 at the Kogarah School of Arts.

The hall is still there and last time I looked it was mostly in original condition. It would be a great thing to look into hiring the hall for a special event next year.

Use to love playing in the 12 x 6ft snooker tables at the School of Arts back in the mid to late 70’s.
Fond memories indeed.

Walpole

Juniors
That must be the steely look in the eye that Laurie daley was talking abouit in a recent interview that we all should be excited about. I now know and feel at ease about Mary....means business :rolleyes:
Only problem is the game's to his left...he's watching a cloud in that photo.

Drakon

Juniors
Use to love playing in the 12 x 6ft snooker tables at the School of Arts back in the mid to late 70’s.
Fond memories indeed.
I went to Kogarah High early to mid 70's and we often went down to the School of Arts for a game. Are the tables still there?
Didn't realise that the first Saints meeting took place there. Nice!

Latest posts