What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Wittenberg

Juniors
A good mate of mine is a Roosters fan and he has driven me mad over the past couple of seasons. Admittedly I gave him plenty in 2010, but he is always going on about Uncle Nick and Trent Robinson. He maintains they are the most astute people in the game and they are always looking ahead. He argues that there is more to the Latrell drama than meets the eye. He says that there are two theories being spoken about amongst Roosters supporters. What he feels is definitely true is that Latrell has been becoming incredibly difficult to handle both on and off the field. So theory number one has it that Easts know only one or two clubs have enough space in their cap to make a play for Mitchell so Politus is prepared to hang him out to dry and bring his ego down to earth when clubs don’t go all out for him. The second theory is that they want Lomax in 2021. They see his goal kicking as a replacement for Latrell’s if he does leave, and they see Zac developing into a physically strong player who has good attack and who could develop a sold partnership with Manu.And Zac is a level headed clean skin who seems to have his head on straight. He maintains that Johns and Fittler, while Latrell lovers, are pushing Lomax as a real star of the future. A future Rooster? Perhaps it could happen if Mary stays in charge.

redVinme

Juniors
A good mate of mine is a Roosters fan and he has driven me mad over the past couple of seasons. Admittedly I gave him plenty in 2010, but he is always going on about Uncle Nick and Trent Robinson. He maintains they are the most astute people in the game and they are always looking ahead. He argues that there is more to the Latrell drama than meets the eye. He says that there are two theories being spoken about amongst Roosters supporters. What he feels is definitely true is that Latrell has been becoming incredibly difficult to handle both on and off the field. So theory number one has it that Easts know only one or two clubs have enough space in their cap to make a play for Mitchell so Politus is prepared to hang him out to dry and bring his ego down to earth when clubs don’t go all out for him. The second theory is that they want Lomax in 2021. They see his goal kicking as a replacement for Latrell’s if he does leave, and they see Zac developing into a physically strong player who has good attack and who could develop a sold partnership with Manu.And Zac is a level headed clean skin who seems to have his head on straight. He maintains that Johns and Fittler, while Latrell lovers, are pushing Lomax as a real star of the future. A future Rooster? Perhaps it could happen if Mary stays in charge.

They also have Billy Smith who has huge wraps and is already in their system. He just signed with them a further year too. I think that he would be the one to stick with as he would be cheaper. He's 191cm and 99kg too.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
They also have Billy Smith who has huge wraps and is already in their system. He just signed with them a further year too. I think that he would be the one to stick with as he would be cheaper. He's 191cm and 99kg too.

And to think he iand family are Dragons supporters, and he wanted to sign with us, and he plays left centre and Zac plays right. But, alas, he was warned about McGregors favourites and how Zac has been treated. He promptly re-signed with the Roosters. Sigh!

Our future backline could have been:
1. Schiller
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Smith
5. Ramsey
Young yes, but so much talent there.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Yes Witt,
Makes a lot of sense.
Latrell may very well self implode whereas, as mentioned, Lomax just wants a real coach and a permament position.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Lomax has met with Adam O'Brien and their heirarchy at Knights HQ this week...hope we get the last chance to make an offer

Gareth67

First Grade
Zac Lomaxs mind should be well and truly made up this season as to whether or not he will continue in the Big Red V . The big question is just how much longer is he prepared to be used as a utility player/ bench warmer rather than his preferred position of center .

I believe that will be the deciding factor , therefore we can only hope that the maestro has a huge brain fart and plays the young man where he is best suited - center .

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
Agree. Just finding out his market value, as the cub may consider X amount and he Y amount. With Zac, a lot is determined by his brother and his partner.
Hayden has been re-signed to the DS for 2020 and Newy doesn't have a womens team.

Mate now his bother is set, he will be next and Jess already signed till end of next year if not longer. So all good. Luc is more of a worry he will have to stay for less than tigers have offered. So interesting time ahead