What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - My Late Wife

Wozza

Juniors
We had hoped for longer after been given 6-12 months, we ended up with 9 weeks, my soul mate has passed, our children feel a loss they should never have to have, And i try to find a way to grieve without breaking down.

I remember her when we won in 2016, so happy for me knowing how long i had supported the team, she would wear my sharks jersey with pride, i remember giving her a jersey when we met in 2007, when she lived in Canada and she looked after it, she would take that to hospital with her, as she would say it smelt like me.

Just a loss of words for my beautiful wife Laurie xxx
Very sorry for your loss, I've been in the same position myself and know what you are going through.
Hang in there champ and be strong for the kids.

Sharkman

Juniors
Sorry to hear that Stake.

Your kids don’t need you to be a super hero mate. Grieve however you need.

And you’ll wake each day with a purpose to be the best father you can be.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Everyone that you so much for the kind words, and it helps, i cry when i read them, i know i have never met anyone in here, but in a way its like a brotherhood, somewhere where you can basically scream to help and in a way it is, at moment not up to talking.

I am working on eulogy and trying to make sure it is fitting for my late wife, i know i wont get it perfect but i will ensure i do her proud, she will never grow old she was 43 i am grateful i had 12 years, to me that is better than 10 with anyone else, and now to make my kids proud, to bring them up, and remember mum, and take her values forward, thanks again Guys, i will be back i just need to get through some days which as some of you know test you like never before.

I am so glad i was with here and held her taking her last breath i knew she had gone a to a place where there is no pain

snout

First Grade
You are hanging tough brother.
You will get there and we are better men for having these beautiful people in our lives. Partners and parents. Kids.
We lose them and its a struggle to go on. But you will.

And this is more than a bunch of boofheads debating the intricacies of the sharks. It is a support network. And we genuinely care.
Its gutwrenching to feel your pain.
Youre one of us.

So sorry to hear Stakey. I’m sure your fam’ has been and will continue to be in all our thoughts. No words, but the only meaningful advice would be ‘one day at a time’. Remember your wife is still counting on you to be there for the kids, now more than ever. You got this, but don’t hold back to ask for help when you need it.

Vale Laurie & deepest condolences to you mate.

Feej

First Grade
Everyone that you so much for the kind words, and it helps, i cry when i read them, i know i have never met anyone in here, but in a way its like a brotherhood, somewhere where you can basically scream to help and in a way it is, at moment not up to talking.

I am working on eulogy and trying to make sure it is fitting for my late wife, i know i wont get it perfect but i will ensure i do her proud, she will never grow old she was 43 i am grateful i had 12 years, to me that is better than 10 with anyone else, and now to make my kids proud, to bring them up, and remember mum, and take her values forward, thanks again Guys, i will be back i just need to get through some days which as some of you know test you like never before.

I am so glad i was with here and held her taking her last breath i knew she had gone a to a place where there is no pain
I'm sure you'll do your late wife proud with the eulogy. Just hang in there, hold your kids close and don't be afraid to ask for help from anyone, for anything.

Take care.

TODD GACK

Juniors
What to say at a time like this, ive never felt comfortable doing so, reflect basically is all you can do my friend ...chin up the grieving process is slow hold those kids and dont let go.
Very sorry for your great loss
TG

carcharias

Immortal
Hi stake
I hope you are doing ok.

Unfortunately I have a similar story to you.
2 of my best mates ( brothers ) lost their beautiful sister suddenly last Sunday.
Her husband has become one of us boys over the years.
So I class him as a best mate too.
They have 2 little kids, 4 and 6.
Girl and boy.

They only lost their dad last year.

We all sit together at the footy.
She lets me park in their driveway on game day as they only live up next to the golf course.

it’s a nightmare.
She was a legend.
The best mum and her own mum was her best friend.
Her mum actually lives with her, her husband and the kids.

there was no warning
She wasn’t sick
She just passed away in her sleep.

Not sure why I’m even putting this in here.
No need for reply’s to me .
I just wanted to let Stake know people do care.

anyway everyone
Tell your mates you love them every time you speak to them.
Look after each other.
Just be there to stop them falling.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hi stake

there was no warning
She wasn’t sick
That's some scary shit, Ive herad stories like this before from family members...Actually Wes Craven used stories of people dying in their sleeps created the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street. Yep Carch you are so right love one an other.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Hi stake
I hope you are doing ok.

Unfortunately I have a similar story to you.
2 of my best mates ( brothers ) lost their beautiful sister suddenly last Sunday.
Her husband has become one of us boys over the years.
So I class him as a best mate too.
They have 2 little kids, 4 and 6.
Girl and boy.

They only lost their dad last year.

We all sit together at the footy.
She lets me park in their driveway on game day as they only live up next to the golf course.

it’s a nightmare.
She was a legend.
The best mum and her own mum was her best friend.
Her mum actually lives with her, her husband and the kids.

there was no warning
She wasn’t sick

Not sure why I’m even putting this in here.
No need for reply’s to me .
I just wanted to let Stake know people do care.

anyway everyone
Tell your mates you love them every time you speak to them.
Look after each other.
Just be there to stop them falling.
I am so sorry to here that, you must make everyday, cause you cant get them back
Today would have been our 11 wedding anniversary, but each day i feel a little better

fizman

Bench
I am so sorry to here that, you must make everyday, cause you cant get them back
Today would have been our 11 wedding anniversary, but each day i feel a little better

Stake, I am going to send Uncle SadShark around for your Anniversary Celebrations.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

This must be an especially hard day for you Stake. I hope you’re doing well and your Sharks brothers are here for you.

Life is short, but a favourite saying of mine is “it’s not the years in your life but it’s the life in your years.”

Live it up while you can. That’s my philosophy. Glad to hear you’re feeling a little better mate.

ComotoCoolum

Juniors
Just got on here to check the news and saw of your tragic loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family and wishing you the strength to get through it all.

Latest posts