What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

betcats

Referee
Not tech savvy enough to post link but the video just posted on the panthers facey is interesting, ‘Preparing the panthers, episode 1’ seems like it will be regular over the preseason.

Good behind the scenes look at the staff, Hayden Knowles commented on how impressive Heathro was day 1, I really hope that kid can put it together this year he is a talent imo. Nice bit of Knowles pushing Burto on the training paddock telling him our halves need to be fittest at the club, he then tells edwards burto is giving him some competition(in the fitness drills). Burto already making waves boys and girls ;)

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Not tech savvy enough to post link but the video just posted on the panthers facey is interesting, ‘Preparing the panthers, episode 1’ seems like it will be regular over the preseason.

Good behind the scenes look at the staff, Hayden Knowles commented on how impressive Heathro was day 1, I really hope that kid can put it together this year he is a talent imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know a lot of fans opinions on the guys charged with serious crimes in the game well the RLPA are fighting the NRL over the NO fault stand down policy. All sources are in the description of the video on youtube.

Said at the time was just to save face as doesn't cover enough. This is proof so far is still bad players

OldPanther

Coach

Good behind the scenes look at the staff, Hayden Knowles commented on how impressive Heathro was day 1, I really hope that kid can put it together this year he is a talent imo. Nice bit of Knowles pushing Burto on the training paddock telling him our halves need to be fittest at the club, he then tells edwards burto is giving him some competition(in the fitness drills). Burto already making waves boys and girls ;)

Just watched the video. I'm inspired. Good to see some of the boys step up like Burton and Hetherington.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is my response to Old Panthers video *in response to the RLPA's whinge.

My thoughts on this issue (a copy and paste from my twitter account)

'Some players (please note that I said some) are nothing more than over indulged children, who throw nasty tantrums that cause harm to others. Then when caught do the 'i'm sorry. I'm so very sorry' while not meaning a word. They are only sorry for being caught.

betcats

Referee
Just watched the video. I'm inspired. Good to see some of the boys step up like Burton and Hetherington.

It’s a good look at the way the support coaching staff work. There is a shit load of resources devoted to the high performance unit, Hayden Knowles does this job for blues also so he must know a little something. There is no excuse for a healthy player to not be in shape I don’t know how it happens.

OldPanther

Coach
This is my response to Old Panthers video *in response to the RLPA's whinge.

My thoughts on this issue (a copy and paste from my twitter account)

'Some players (please note that I said some) are nothing more than over indulged children, who throw nasty tantrums that cause harm to others. Then when caught do the 'i'm sorry. I'm so very sorry' while not meaning a word. They are only sorry for being caught.

When the player in question can still get paid, train and get any support necessary from the club they don't really have a case to complain about.

betcats

Referee
90% of them are minor on the scale of things though. That is why I see it as face saving instead of actually achieving anything

Saving face is important for an organisation like the nrl though. Imagine JDB playing a year then being found guilty of rape, it wouldn’t be great for the games marketability.

It sucks that these guys careers are on hold when they might be innocent but they are still being paid, they are still getting the full support from their clubs and the nrls player welfare department, they haven’t been thrown out in the cold with no support like a lot of people would be had they been charged with rape or been in Mays situation. So they should just focus on fighting their criminal charges and not the nrl imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
Saving face is important for an organisation like the nrl though. Imagine JDB playing a year then being found guilty of rape, it wouldn’t be great for the games marketability.

It sucks that these guys careers are on hold when they might be innocent but they are still being paid, they are still getting the full support from their clubs and the nrls player welfare department, they haven’t been thrown out in the cold with no support like a lot of people would be had they been charged with rape or been in Mays situation. So they should just focus on fighting their criminal charges and not the nrl imo.

Then you go everyone out not the stupid 11 years. I have said before any criminal conviction banned for life. That would actually act as a deterent then knowing most cases they will be fined but can play

OldPanther

Coach
Then you go everyone out not the stupid 11 years. I have said before any criminal conviction banned for life. That would actually act as a deterent then knowing most cases they will be fined but can play

If they are found innocent they then sue the NRL which is why a balanced approach like this is used.

Latest posts