What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can't figure out why the Tigers are offering Mitchell over a million per season when there doesn't seem to be any interest from other clubs, at least for above $800K. Of course the numbers might be bullshit but since when did journos go around making stuff up?
The numbers are all speculation from journos. These big contracts for young players are usually stepped as well (back ended, if you will) to reflect the (presumed) increased cap in future years, as well as the young player's presumed increase in effectiveness over the length of the deal. So a journo hearing that the fourth year of Trbojevic or Mitchell's contract has him on $1.2M becomes an article about the player earning that much each year, when he might 'only' be on $800k in the first year of the deal.

But mostly they would just make shit up. There's nothing libelous about overestimating how much a player is earning. To win in court the player would have to make his actual salary public knowledge and none of them want that.

The numbers are all speculation from journos. These big contracts for young players are usually stepped as well (back ended, if you will) to reflect the (presumed) increased cap in future years, as well as the young player's presumed increase in effectiveness over the length of the deal. So a journo hearing that the fourth year of Trbojevic or Mitchell's contract has him on $1.2M becomes an article about the player earning that much each year, when he might 'only' be on $800k in the first year of the deal.

But mostly they would just make shit up. There's nothing libelous about overestimating how much a player is earning. To win in court the player would have to make his actual salary public knowledge and none of them want that.
Yeah pretty much this I reckon. I was being just a tiny bit sarcastic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The stepped contracts also account for why a club can shed some players on decent money and only replace them with nuffies. Dopey fans ask where the cap space went, but the answer is that a lot of it gets swallowed up each year in stepped upgrades.

Except the gum itself was terrible.

Looks like he was not in the 1981 set. did find these on Google.

l_1979%20scanlens%20card%20201501240063.jpg

images

In the second photo, Phil looks like he's contemplating exactly what to do with the load that is already in his mouth.

lingard

Coach
Why would he come and be a backup at the Eels when he can just stay and be a backup at the Tigers?
Considering Wests have him as their starting fullback I would assume they would be paying him top 17 money, or at least something higher than what we would be willing to pay for a backup.

He’s better off staying where he is unless he can get a starting role elsewhere.

Also if Latrell did go to Wests and played fullback there’s s pretty decent chance he be found out to be the lazy player he is and will get moved back into the centres anyway.

Corey Thompson would be a better fullback than Gutherson. Gutherson then to centres.

hindy111

Post Whore
Corey Thompson would be a better fullback than Gutherson. Gutherson then to centres.

He runs hard. But in bottom 3 fullback in comp.

Guth isnt elite but most likely leads the rest of the pack after the top 3 or 4.

Best play maker of them all.

Average defender

Average run

Best involvement of them all

Perhaps best energy as to what brings to team.

I'd rate overall between 5th-8th best fullback in comp.
If prefer Bevan to Thompson.

Latest posts