What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for the summer tests Vs Pakistan & NZ

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Shame Kurtis Patterson has had an injured and missed Shield games

would he have been picked though ?

they seem to still be picking players on form from a couple of years ago

only Smith and Labs deserve to be there and I would have thought this is the time to bring in some in form newbies rather than old and failed players who have already been dropped and most more than once

Bazal

Post Whore
would he have been picked though ?

they seem to still be picking players on form from a couple of years ago

only Smith and Labs deserve to be there and I would have thought this is the time to bring in some in form newbies rather than old and failed players who have already been dropped and most more than once

Who's an in form newbie?

Burns and Head have been very good for us at times recently...Head was our best performed bat in the ban year and Burns averages 40 in Tests despite apparently being hated by the selectors and treated like shit his whole career. I hate Wade and he's a shit cricketer but he scored in England. Warner is a boss at home.

The only real head scratcher is Bancroft.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Burns hasn't been treated any better or worse then Oozie, despite what Burns averages Pakis obviously did their homework on him and he failed twice this week. His weakness is well known now so his average is irrelevant.

Head was good last summer, but very average since including this shield season, Bancroft ? lol but apparently he has character as well as sandpaper.

It is hard as 2 that I would have picked were Pukosvski and KP but neither available, Dan Huhges averaging 40 atm, would have been a better option than Harris, Oozie or Burns for mine, he's batted well for 3 years now.

Wade will also fail this summer, he's already showed us how terrible he is.

Actually looking through the batting averages for this season, apart from Whiteman, all the young hopefulls are averaging 35-40. its a pretty sad situation. Maddinson averaging 80 too, we could pick a decent top order out of the unavailables.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wade will also fail this summer, he's already showed us how terrible he is.

2 ashes tons in the UK, form Shield batsman last year(or top 2 easily), scoring good runs this year

other than Smith (and possibly Marnus) who has done better in red ball cricket last 12 months?

Since he gave up the gloves (and had a bub) he has been more than a decent batsman

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2 ashes tons in the UK, form Shield batsman last year(or top 2 easily), scoring good runs this year

other than Smith (and possibly Marnus) who has done better in red ball cricket last 12 months?

Since he gave up the gloves (and had a bub) he has been more than a decent batsman

you seem to have omitted his previous 3 years

Eelectrica

Referee
I guess Burns will have one game to get his test career on track at the Gabba, if he fails then Bancroft will probably open in Adelaide.
Wouldn't surprise me if we end the summer with Harris and Warner as the opening combo again. I do hope Burns can get something going if given the chance.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I guess Burns will have one game to get his test career on track at the Gabba, if he fails then Bancroft will probably open in Adelaide.
Wouldn't surprise me if we end the summer with Harris and Warner as the opening combo again. I do hope Burns can get something going if given the chance.

Burns probably got the nod cause its the Gabba home test id say, hopefully he can score some good runs

tomdl

Bench
I get the impression a lot of selection decisions with Langer on board might be more stats driven rather than just who whacks it and bowls fast like Lehmann was. Wonder if Harris's first class career average of 14 at the Gabba was behind him missing out.

bazza

Immortal
Who's an in form newbie?

Burns and Head have been very good for us at times recently...Head was our best performed bat in the ban year and Burns averages 40 in Tests despite apparently being hated by the selectors and treated like shit his whole career. I hate Wade and he's a shit cricketer but he scored in England. Warner is a boss at home.

The only real head scratcher is Bancroft.
Yes - only newbies with a bit of form are Pucovski and Maddison - both not available. Patterson is the other newbie - but again not available. A couple of other newbies have a got a few runs but have played only 2 or 3 shield games ever

Other players with a few runs this season are oldies like Henriques, Dan Hughes and SMarsh

mattyg

Bench
Bancroft very very lucky to get a recall on current form. I hope he can make the most of it but feel like khawaja has been shafted once again. He still averages 40 in test cricket... give me 2 other players in the last 5 years that can say that other than smith and warner...
If not for the mental health issues I’d be leaning on giving maddinson another go. He has been brilliant in shield last couple of years. The selectors I feel have been pushing him as a t20 player but I don’t see it that way.
In any case Patterson done nothing wrong and deserves to be playing over these marsh flogs

typicalfan

Coach
Burns got the first ton of the summer in the final test so he deserves his spot, he always deserved it in front of Bancroft who isn't a test player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That interview of Hohns justifying Harris over Warner is just sickening, there is just no logic in this bloke's thinking

Latest posts