What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

Juniors
Maybe we need to bring MG in, to chat with him and a dose of mentoring. Or is Peter Kelly still around?
I'm not sure MG is the person to mentor someone on controlled aggression. In his own words he based a lot of his aggression and defence on the shoulder charge and really hurting people.. Hetherington appears to have the same mindset as MG but it isn't paying any dividends for him with the way the game has changed.

This is true, I think we need another prop. I wouldn’t mind another Tim Grant type signing if that’s all we can get, someone who won’t let you down off the bench but can go back to reserve grade when fish is back.

I know I’ve said it before in previous posts, but I’d like to see Latu back at the club. I know he’s floundered badly at the Titans but if you think about it, he wasn’t supposed to leave in the first place (thanks Jimmy!) and perhaps his mindset wasn’t right. I think a return home will see the old Latu emerge. He was always reliable during his time here.

Wishful thinking on my part though, as I don’t think he’s even available.

Whino

Bench
If you want a cheap bench prop then Danny Fualao would be worth considering.

A decent bench prop who would be a handy 4th or 5th prop option in someone's squad.
He averaged about 87 metres off the bench this year - more than our props off the bench. Averaged over 90 last year.
A good defender and I saw a bit of him this year he seems to charge into the defensive line with vigour. All he needs is to develop his off load more. Still young enough to improve.

BxTom

Bench
I know I’ve said it before in previous posts, but I’d like to see Latu back at the club. I know he’s floundered badly at the Titans but if you think about it, he wasn’t supposed to leave in the first place (thanks Jimmy!) and perhaps his mindset wasn’t right. I think a return home will see the old Latu emerge. He was always reliable during his time here.

Um, who isn't floundering at the titans?

MugaB

Coach
\Not sure about Latu but Peni Terepo MAY be available. He runs as hard as anyone.
Id rather Latu return could be a great influence on the younger forwards, he was one on my favourites before he left to the gold coast, and hasn't had much game time there, id also get Winterstien back to help with that also, both guys are solid additions and can also not get in the way when fish and yeo return from injury, just having those two guys will usher the younger guys in like MG did with Puletua back in 2000s

John Hamblin

Juniors
Id rather Latu return could be a great influence on the younger forwards, he was one on my favourites before he left to the gold coast, and hasn't had much game time there, id also get Winterstien back to help with that also, both guys are solid additions and can also not get in the way when fish and yeo return from injury, just having those two guys will usher the younger guys in like MG did with Puletua back in 2000s

Sorry I don,t agree Frank Winterstein has always been average he is playing in France and 32 . I would much rather blood players like Shawn Blore who could develop into a seriously good Rep Player. I watched him in Reggies when he as only 18 he is our future, Don't block junior pathways with journeymen,

Coastal

Juniors
Not get in the way of returning injured players?. I'd be hoping whoever is playing, is playing good enough to make it near impossible to come straight back in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sorry I don,t agree Frank Winterstein has always been average he is playing in France and 32 . I would much rather blood players like Shawn Blore who could develop into a seriously good Rep Player. I watched him in Reggies when he as only 18 he is our future, Don't block junior pathways with journeymen,

Sometimes it is needed. Can rotate Blore with Burns/Martin etc.

Take Round 1. A rookie 5/8th defending next to Naden (bad defender and Martin/Burns/Blore).

It will be a blood bath the rookies trying to workout if Teddy/Latrell/Keary are running, passing or kicking.

That is a journeyman is handy. Just because they start the year doesn't mean they will end up there

Coastal

Juniors
Sometimes it is needed. Can rotate Blore with Burns/Martin etc.

Take Round 1. A rookie 5/8th defending next to Naden (bad defender and Martin/Burns/Blore).

It will be a blood bath the rookies trying to workout if Teddy/Latrell/Keary are running, passing or kicking.

That is a journeyman is handy. Just because they start the year doesn't mean they will end up there
If Winterstein was anything more than a plodder he would still be with the club.

The yak

Juniors

I like Latu but he has done very little for the past 3 seasons.
2016 was his last good year.
He has regressed badly.

Raiders are trying to sign Curtis Scott. Apparently met with them this week.

This is why you don’t just sit back and see what happens, you potentially miss quality signings.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Raiders are trying to sign Curtis Scott. Apparently met with them this week.

This is why you don’t just sit back and see what happens, you potentially miss quality signings.

How do you know that the club is sitting back (with the implication of doing nothing) Do you either work for the club in that area, or are privy to inside information from within the club ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts