What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
I reckon Arrow would be signed to play prop. Unless you moved Murray to the second row to promote longevity in his career but I think Murray is best suited to lock. Say we sign Arrow and Fifita our forward pack would look like

8. Arrow
9. Cook
10. Tom Burgess
11. Fifita
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Su’a
15. Tatola
16. Knight
17. Nicholls/Sironen/Doueihi

That’s a scary forward pack.
Dont agree, sorry, tatola should start or even knight, arrow is purely a backrower or lock

Would be wrapped if we sign Arrow but also can't see the Titans letting him go tbh.

If he or Brimson were to leave then you may as well wind that club up. Really... Those two should be the foundation stones on which that club rebuilds it's talent pool going forward.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Dont agree, sorry, tatola should start or even knight, arrow is purely a backrower or lock
I am also expecting Tom Amone to be a regular front row option in 2020. I think you will see him step up to nrl week in week out and wouldn’t be surprised if he became a starting prop by mid season.

handyman2190

Bench
Good enough to start at prop for Queensland but not Souths. Ok champ.
Yes Qld didnt have a decent option, and they lost,all his club games are in the backrow anyway,why play him out of position?
Besides to move him would take nearly a mill and im not sure he is worth that,yes good player workaholic in defence, which we lack in, but limited in attack

Travitoh

First Grade
Yes Qld didnt have a decent option, and they lost,all his club games are in the backrow anyway,why play him out of position?
Besides to move him would take nearly a mill and im not sure he is worth that,yes good player workaholic in defence, which we lack in, but limited in attack

All his club games have either been at lock or prop.

250excf

Juniors
didnt DKOR specifically say “we are one of the few teams where that is not the case?” ?!?!
He did but I don’t totally agree
Eg huge 125kgs props have bugger all agility or lateral movement and puff out after 20 mins where most locks are not only smaller but more agile way better lateral movement and play big minutes
Just because someone is a mod doesn’t automatically make everything they say correct he’s just another punter with an opinion like the rest of us no disrespect DKOR :call_me:

At least half the locks in the NRL also play prop from time to time. They defend in the middle third which is where the props defend and only a few of them play 80 minutes.

There’s probably only three locks in the NRL who play a more mobile game. Murray, Bateman and Radley. The rest are honestly extra props.

LittleWayne

Juniors
A lot of players cover/move position when needed.

if props and locks are played the same at clubs you’ll notice the mins are the same, the amount of hit ups are the same and the hit tips they take on the tackle count average out.

Gallen was never a prop, first hit up from the kick off he got pushed back at origin level. Doesn’t happen to props all the time.

anyhoo I rate Arrow, gets injured quite a lot and will be after a pay rise. I’d rather get Shannon Boyd tbh.

Spot On

Coach
Thankfully they aren't the people actually running and coaching the team. Those people actually see the value in him.

There is absolutely no value in a 750K winger who can not tackle and is no good at centre or 1.

You can not play him in the centres. He gets ripped apart regularly, creates next to nothing and does not get over the stripe.

Zero value.

Bennett would be insane to keep him.

Time to cut him loose and get some $$$ back. Play a bloke who can run a bit and not tackle on the wing for 250K a year. And that is close to an upgrade, especially if he has some idea how to defend.

That is called a no brainer for the people actually running and coaching the team.

Surely everyone finally realised this after the semi final this year in which he was shredded.

You replace weak links in the chain. Not pay them close to marquee money.

Last edited:

Latest posts