What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can agree with Grant, if not for the bad injury he would probably still be a part of their plans, obviously Winterstein wasn't.

Winterstein was the nominee for the Ken Stephens medal so off field did good work. Defensively he was great 98% tackle effiency. He took Yeo's role over when he moved out wider or was injured.

The issue with Winterstein was the tries he either bombed or missed due to no awarness. Also he was cheap as Manly paid most of the deal. Probably not worth it if full freight hence not re-signed

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
People on here said the club is taking a wait and see approach to signings this off season

I understand that. My comment was against the implication that the club (especially the recuitment team) was sitting back doing nothing. It wasn't said as such. The implication was there though.

martielang

Bench
Thought we would of held onto Winterstein tbh. Was good value for us last year, underused imo.

Smart player, good defensively & ran the best lines in the club.

Thunder Road

Juniors
I’ve watched a bit of the PNG Hunter’s and Kumuls this year and thinking outside the square Nixon Putt or Moses Meninga could be good cheap depth players. Both have size, a bit of skill and tough

OldPanther

Coach
Have they? I don't think anyone thinks they are doing nothing. Just aren't getting in bidding wars and want to get current clubs paying some freight if they can

I never said they are doing nothing and neither did Herbert. I was just explaining what he was responding to because Alice didn't understand.

Coastal

Juniors
Thought we would of held onto Winterstein tbh. Was good value for us last year, underused imo.

Smart player, good defensively & ran the best lines in the club.
Yes good defensively and ran good lines. But he was a big man with a small motor. Would last 20 minutes, go off and hardly seen again.

MugaB

Coach
Yes good defensively and ran good lines. But he was a big man with a small motor. Would last 20 minutes, go off and hardly seen again.
He was put on for the 1st 20mins of the game to lock us up defensively, and not give away our starts, as we always had been doing, we won all the games barr 2 when he was involved in that game plan, when he stopped getting picked we won only 2 more games at the end of the season with out him
Most forwards only play 25 mins a game, you obviously want a full team of JFHs

franklin2323

Immortal
I never said they are doing nothing and neither did Herbert. I was just explaining what he was responding to because Alice didn't understand.

I took the story to be Ricky helping out a mate on a slow news day. The article said nothing to say a signing is close and given they have set centres no idea why Scott would go over say Newcastle or Bulldogs and of course us.

OldPanther

Coach
I took the story to be Ricky helping out a mate on a slow news day. The article said nothing to say a signing is close and given they have set centres no idea why Scott would go over say Newcastle or Bulldogs and of course us.

Well Raiders should have some cap since losing a gmfew players and BJ is a liability so I'd be looking for a centre.

Coastal

Juniors
He was put on for the 1st 20mins of the game to lock us up defensively, and not give away our starts, as we always had been doing, we won all the games barr 2 when he was involved in that game plan, when he stopped getting picked we won only 2 more games at the end of the season with out him
Most forwards only play 25 mins a game, you obviously want a full team of JFHs
A quick question, why didn't Penrith keep him? He wouldn't be on such a big deal in England, he would probably have stayed here for minimum wage or a little higher. As for the 25 minutes that most forwards play, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts